The Student Room Group

Describe A-Levels in one word

What are A-Levels like?
I chose History, Politics. English Literature and Media for A-level

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hard
If you're passionate about your chosen A Level subjects then it it a lot easier to study, revise and practice for the exam. I do History and English Literature and they are quite heavy subjects in terms of course content, but if the subject is enjoyable then there seems to be less pressure. A Levels are intense and require a lot of work and dedication, but keep an interest and with your subjects, it should go well for you :smile:
Demanding
Original post by IkraAhmed
If you're passionate about your chosen A Level subjects then it it a lot easier to study, revise and practice for the exam. I do History and English Literature and they are quite heavy subjects in terms of course content, but if the subject is enjoyable then there seems to be less pressure. A Levels are intense and require a lot of work and dedication, but keep an interest and with your subjects, it should go well for you :smile:

Dammit, I just realized you said describe in one word. Apologies :/
Frustrating.
:s-smilie:
Original post by IkraAhmed
Dammit, I just realized you said describe in one word. Apologies :/

Its's alright, thanks for the advice. I am scared and excited at the same time, It will probably be a massive jump from GCSE's right?
guacamole
Custard
I was scared and excited too and it most definitely is. My teachers told me to forget everything I did in GCSE's because A Levels are complete different. Different content, different techniques.
Reply 11
Demanding
Reply 12
Interesting.
Hemorrhoids.
[h="1"]Prodigious[/h]
difficult.
Rewarding
In general, easy but varied and interesting.

If we're allowed to use hyphens, my word is very-easy-version-of-STEP-but-still-interesting-and-more-varied-than-STEP.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest