The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature June 2015 Predictions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by DustToDust
Uh if I remember correctly one was on the character of Eva Smith (I did this one) and the other was on gender or something like that. I got full UMS on this exam.

Poetry was the ending of The Farmers Bride (I answered this) and the other option was definitely Ghazal but I can't remember the question, possibly structure. The unseen was something dodgy about this man's parents dying.

Thank You, do you have any tips on how to get the top bands in both Unit 1 and 2? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
anyone done the character and voice set of poems from the aqa moon on the tides book?
Reply 23

I have no idea what will come up
It will most probably be at least one from
The river god, case history, Singh song or horse whisperer as they are the first 2 exam poems used

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lubna1998
How did you revise for the exams?

If I'm being completely honest I hardly did anything. For the AIC/OMAM one, the night before I made spider diagrams for each character, with key points and quotes. I basically learnt these points (like a word, for example 'depressed' for Eva) which would then jog my memory in the exam for what sort of quotes I could use.

For poetry, the night before the exam I made a selection of tables. I paired the poems and put the key comparable points/quotes and conflicting points/quotes. I did about 3 or 4 points for each, which in the exam, would give you enough to talk about when you expanded it.

I got an A* overall, 80 UMS (full) in the books exam and I can't remember what I got for the poetry one, but I think it was a mid A grade.

Unless you are a crammer (like me) I don't recommend doing what I did, I have very short term memory so I felt the only way I could learn it was the night before. Good luck!
If I'm being completely honest I hardly did anything. For the AIC/OMAM one, the night before I made spider diagrams for each character, with key points and quotes. I basically learnt these points (like a word, for example 'depressed' for Eva) which would then jog my memory in the exam for what sort of quotes I could use.

For poetry, the night before the exam I made a selection of tables. I paired the poems and put the key comparable points/quotes and conflicting points/quotes. I did about 3 or 4 points for each, which in the exam, would give you enough to talk about when you expanded it.

I got an A* overall, 80 UMS (full) in the books exam and I can't remember what I got for the poetry one, but I think it was a mid A grade.

Unless you are a crammer (like me) I don't recommend doing what I did, I have very short term memory so I felt the only way I could learn it was the night before. Good luck!

Original post by MIST_123
Thank You, do you have any tips on how to get the top bands in both Unit 1 and 2? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think this answers your question as well!
I've done practice poetry papers but I have no idea if they are good or not :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is the last year that AQA is doing Of mice and men, so it's probably going to be a question that will throw everyone off. However i think there's a high chance of curley or candy appearing in the exam.
Original post by Rockyboy
This is the last year that AQA is doing Of mice and men, so it's probably going to be a question that will throw everyone off. However i think there's a high chance of curley or candy appearing in the exam.

I didn't know this was the last year, do you know why that is?

I have a very good short term memory too but I don't think cramming is going to help me with english! Thanks though:tongue:

My teacher said that overall as a whole nation pupil are finding it easy. To make it challenging they are taking it out and replacing with another novel
Original post by Rockyboy
My teacher said that overall as a whole nation pupil are finding it easy. To make it challenging they are taking it out and replacing with another novel

I wonder if this means we're getting a hard question:frown:

High chance that it will be hard unless you know every detail of each character

It's the penultimate year - current year 10s will be the final year. Blame Michael Gove for taking it off the curriculum. Teachers know the book too well and are - gasp - teaching the kids too much about it, so they are being more successful and he doesn't like that, so off it comes.
Hii I do AQA English Literature. I do Relationships poetry and Lord of the Flies and Of Mice and Men. I wouldn't predict tbh I'm jus gonna go over everything. Perhaps learn quotes linked with each character and know where to go find them in the exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LenniesRabbit
For OMAM ive got a few ideas:
Curley's Wife Barn Scene
Something about Curley (Likely)
Something about Candy
Carlson (Likely)
Opening/Ending Brush Scene (Likely)

For AIC i'm thinking either Gerald or a setting and the effect on the reader. Opinions?

My teacher said that Crooks and Candy are going to come up this year, any ideas??

And also does anyone studies The Woman In Black?? Any predictions??
Reply 37

Yeah, apparently they're replacing Of Mice and Men with 1984 by George Orwell :/. But the question will probably be hard, I'd say Carlson, Curley or a setting.
Reply 38
what were the poetry exam questions of 2014 conflict cluster and any predictions for this year?
doesn't anyone think Porphyria's Lover will come up for the poetry section?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending