The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature June 2015 Predictions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by lubna1998
I think they had the opening brush scene last year.
And with regards to Carlson, what exactly is there to say about him? He's a really minor character and I have no idea how I would base an essay all around him:colondollar:. I'm hoping it's Curley this year.

As for AIC, they've already asked about Gerald a few years ago so I doubt he'd come up. I'm hoping for Arthur Birling, since he's the only major character not to have come up on the higher paper.

I'm not sure whether Curley is a likely possibility as he was part of the coursework :“Explore the way Steinbeck creates dislike for the character of Curley in Of Mice and Men.” that was done this year, I do think setting/end scene is more likely :/
Reply 41
Is anyone else here doing An Inspector Calls for Section A and OMAM for Section B? Is so please can someone help me on how I should structure both essays? At the movement I'm very confused and so worried as the exam is fast approaching. I would really appreciate it. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by stzdznt
I'm not sure whether Curley is a likely possibility as he was part of the coursework :“Explore the way Steinbeck creates dislike for the character of Curley in Of Mice and Men.” that was done this year, I do think setting/end scene is more likely :/

Oh I wasn't aware that he was a part of the coursework since I did my controlled assessment last year (my school set everything out weirdly). If it was the beginning/end scene, what would we comment about it? Would we revolve our essay on Steinbeck's use of nature? Setting analysis is my weakest :/
Original post by stzdznt

Thats strange, my coursework was for Crooks... I really hope it is Crooks to come up or Curley- that'd be great xD
Original post by web-girl
Im doing conflict, and have no idea what will come up. Its not going to be out of the blue or come back come back as thats what came up last year.

Out of the blue has come up for higher in 2014; the only one that hasn't is Flag
Original post by WhizzKidhehe:)
Hi, here are some notes I have made and put together xD hope it helps

Thanks so much for sharing, they'll be a great help! :smile:
My coursework for OMAM was all about curley's wife. Do you think AQA read these forums? Because if they do, they know what our guesses are and even our 'thrown off questions' predictions so they might do something else. Just a thought :wink:
This is amazing! I just know tha you're going to get that A*!:biggrin:
There might be a question about Carlson, but not him directly. It could be about minor characters, so that would include Carlson and Whit.
I would not look forward to it if it was about Candy or Curley, but it is likely. I think Candy has come up before... if not, my teacher made up a brilliant past paper question for him, which I found really hard.
Original post by stzdznt

Clurly and Candy haven't come up in a few years, they are the two i am mainly focusing on. does any one have any predicted questions?
Original post by Phoebe_Lynch
There might be a question about Carlson, but not him directly. It could be about minor characters, so that would include Carlson and Whit.
I would not look forward to it if it was about Candy or Curley, but it is likely. I think Candy has come up before... if not, my teacher made up a brilliant past paper question for him, which I found really hard.

What was the question (he hasn't actually come up before)?
Original post by lubna1998
What was the question (he hasn't actually come up before)?

a) What methods does Steinbeck use in this passage to present Candy?
b) How do you think Steinbeck uses the character of Candy in the novel as a whole to convey important ideas about society at the time?
Anyone doing Mr Pip? ;-;
Original post by Phoebe_Lynch
a) What methods does Steinbeck use in this passage to present Candy?
b) How do you think Steinbeck uses the character of Candy in the novel as a whole to convey important ideas about society at the time?

Thanks! That part b is quite vague, is it referring to the ideas of races and sexism or am I completely off the mark here?
Reply 54
Original post by WhizzKidhehe:)
Here are notes for anyone doing Conflict Poetry cluster that I have made myself: Could anyone please help me finish it off with the last three poems- Come on, Come back, Hawk Roosting and Poppies- any help wold be greatly appreciated. Thanks :smile:
if u want i could send pictures of my hawk roosting and poppies but i hav nothing on come one, come back sorry :/ my writings not the neatest so u may hav to guess some parts or u can just ask about specific lines or the form nd structure :smile:
Exploring Modern Texts is much harder you guys shouldn't worry too much about poetry. In poetry u comment on one poem one page. In the first exam it's whole novels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, is ANYONE doing Martyn Pig? If yes...PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Original post by humalohar

I'm doing MP- hate it sooo much
Original post by humalohar

It's the only thing I don't have notes on... :frown:
I really do hope that Inspector Goole or Mr Birling comes up in the exam for 'An Inspector Calls' because there is so many possible ideas you could write about.

My wishes for the Relationships cluster in the Poetry Anthology is 'Sister Maude' or 'Brothers'. The poet Andrew Forster has used more simplistic language to reflect the youth of him, his older brother and younger brother at the time so it is easier for me to understand and select language devices from the text. Also, the fact the poem is so short makes it more difficult for students to analysis it; perhaps giving more advantage to higher grade candidates.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending