The Student Room Group

A2 biology revision

I'm struggling to revise for biology, anyone got any tips or revision strategies??
Hi there. Have you tried flashcards?

If you read round this forum you'll see me posting all over the place, and I never stop going on about these flash cards, haha. Oops.
I should be on commission:cool::biggrin:

Well anyway. They're wonderful because they force you to condense all your notes/information and only allow you to put the most important bit on there.
Then you can use your background knowledge to expand on the point. So say you talk about Cell Division, (not sure what modules/topics you cover) you can go on about the different types but then use your previous knowledge from your full notes to expand so you can go through the stages and explain each part bit by bit.]

You can use different colours, so you'll remember things easier as they'll be more memorable.
Remember that bright green flashcard I did? What was that on? Oh yeah, plant cells! Just little things like that. (Green=plants so easy to remember I guess haha!)
Also do posters, mind-maps. Anything that's a little different from regular revision that will make things more memorable! Draw diagrams (if you have to) and test yourself on labelling them. Then cover up the labels, and rehearse them till you know them off by heart:tongue:

You can also watch youtube clips of people doing lessons/lectures on biology topics. That way you get to hear them explain it, so its reinforcing your information, but also may get to hear a different view on the subject, and hear their take on the topic. Then it'll make it easier for you to put it into your own words as you'll have a few different takes on the explanation. Use this to your advantage and record yourself explaining things. Then listen to it when you can: in bed, out walking the dog, on the way to college anytime you can! It'll make it stick, eventually:smile:

If you don't fancy any of these there's plenty of other tips on this forum you can have a look at and try out, see what works best for you.

I know everyone's stressing because it's coming up to exam season, but try not to stress too much and remember to look after yourself, too!
Keep your fluids up, keep hydrated, and remember to take some breaks inbetween. Too much work isn't good for anyone.
And you'll be no good in your exams if you're tired overworked and quite frankly, sick of learning!

Good luck with everything, and I'm sure you'll ace your exams:biggrin:!
Reply 2
Thanks for your comments, they really helped!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending