The Student Room Group

History Notes

Hey guys

So For my GCSE in May ( Next month, oh lord... ) I have no know about the following periods:

Germany 1920 - 30
The Cold War and Vietnam War

I've made notes on all of these periods, but the question is, how do I remember my notes?!?!

My dad bought me loads of flash cards but I dont know how to use them properly :/, So basically I want to know how to remember my notes?
Reply 1
Germany 1920-1930: This decade saw the rise of the most evil entity in human history - Mercedes-Benz
The Cold War: "You do something and see what happens" "No, you do something and see where it gets you." "No, you...etc etc"
Vietnam War: You don't know, man, you weren't there.
Original post by Littleonezz
Hey guys

So For my GCSE in May ( Next month, oh lord... ) I have no know about the following periods:

Germany 1920 - 30
The Cold War and Vietnam War

I've made notes on all of these periods, but the question is, how do I remember my notes?!?!

My dad bought me loads of flash cards but I dont know how to use them properly :/, So basically I want to know how to remember my notes?

I've just replied to your other thread about how to use flash cards, but I didn't know what subjects you were taking!!

My last point was about flashcards/post-it notes.

It's literally what I did with my History GCSE

All the important dates, write them on a post-it and stick them up somewhere you will see them. Granted, it'll send your Dad crazy, but least you'll know them all off by heart by the end of it.

You can then use the flash cards to write a point at the top and then expand on it, using the main ideas.
Once you learn the main point (maybe one key word or something) practice remembering what goes with it.

So say you put a specific date for Germany 1920-1930.
you can put a few key words, and use your previous knowledge to expand on that point - getting you the marks. It'll drill it into your head then, so you'll know it all off by heart by the end of it haha.

As long as you know the stuff, you'll be able to relate it all to each question depending on what it's asking you.

Spoiler

Thanks so much for replying to both of my threads! I've started writing the important dates on the flashcards, thanks for your help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending