The Student Room Group

moving to England or Scotland for my master degree??

Hi, . Sorry for the loooong text, I've tried to use colors to make my questions more clear.

So, I'm from France and I'm in my 2nd year of an English degree(language, and the civilization and literature of the english speaking world). My plan since I was 14 is to finish my studies in the UK and then work as a journalist( and maybe something having to do with writing for tv shows/movies) and basically live there definitively.

Next year, I'll spend a semester as an erasmus student in Dublin, ( can't wait ) but after that, I have absolutely no idea what to choose !!

From what I've heard, a MA in broadcast journalism would be best to be done in London ( but it's out of the question, as I can't afford it and don't want to live in such a huge city) and the media jobs in the UK are pretty much all in London/ the south of England

If I had to choose England , I'd rather study in sheffield or manchester, so I guess it would be irrelevant for job prospects or are there jobs in the north ?

But what I would really want to do is study in Scotland and work in Scotland because I heard so much great things about it from my middle school teacher who is scottish and who's the one who made me love the english language, and also because last semester I studied scottish civilization and I was really passionate about all the history and the traditions etc.. I think it would be an amazing country to live in,

but I don't know anything about the media industry in Scotland ?? So far the MA of broadcast journalism I have looked into are in Aberdeen, Glasgow and Edinburgh. Is there work in the journalism field in these cities ?

Finally, the people I've asked told me that the way of life in England and Scotland is not the same, that the mentalities are different etc.. is it true ??

And as a foreigner, do you think I'd be more easily "accepted" in England or Scotland ?

Thanks in advance to the people who will have the courage to read all that LOL.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending