The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lewisy-boy
I say what I said... but I did once sit behind someone on the train who was marking law scripts form a uni who shall remain undisclosed. He was marking them at phenomenal rate and seemingly plucking a score from thin air!

Disclose disclose!!!!!! :p:
Reply 21
im terrified that my handwriting will be illegible as many of my friends stated :frown: ah crap soo many worries..Damn you EU!
Lol, my writing quickly descends into a scrawl into exams - never done me any harm. And no, Elle, I won't :wink:. But it was a reputable school, that is all I will say. And I know they were law scripts because the guy had the paper which said "School of Law, XXX" (XXX being the uni name :wink:)... I can't remember the module but it was one of the common first year ones, so I assumed they must be first year!
Good Lord!
LauraWalker
Good Lord!

Hmm, as lawyers, you should not rely on such evidence. :p:
?

Anyone who marks scripts on trains, if true, is a selfish twit.
LauraWalker
?

Anyone who marks scripts on trains, if true, is a selfish twit.

Indeed.

But it does happen. Anywhoo, I was referring more, to the fact that Lewisy-boy claimed that the marker was marking them and 'plucking scores from thin air'. It's highly unbelievable that a marker from a reputable school would behave with such poor professionalism - unless he was a savant, of course, with an exceptional reading speed.
No, he was "seemingly" plucking them from thin air because he was doing it so quickly... big difference between saying it was, and that was how it appeared. He may well have been a very fast reader, but I've never seen anyone read that quickly... it was unbelievable!
Lewisy-boy
No, he was "seemingly" plucking them from thin air because he was doing it so quickly... big difference between saying it was, and that was how it appeared. He may well have been a very fast reader, but I've never seen anyone read that quickly... it was unbelievable!

Yes, I have to admit to being a tad tendentious, by leaving 'seemingly' out. :biggrin:
Reply 29
just sat my 2nd exam in criminall....much better than the first! btw does neatness count?
Reply 30
i had lots of scratched out words, etc, but tried to make it obvious what was to be read and what wasnt . let me knw!
I make plenty of corrections in some exams - mainly when trying to write too fast and my scrawl moves into the realms of ineligible! Hasn't done me any harm thus far.
I have an EU law exam on thursday, I'm quite looking forward to it, not one of my favourite subjects but I think I've prepared well enough for it, just hope the questions don't bite me on the ass. Or maybe I'm just looking forward to getting drunk straight after the exam, the beauty of that is, you can drown your sorrows if it goes badly or you can celebrate if it goes well :biggrin: either way I won't pass any breathalyser test come thursday evening.
Quote Stephen Weatherill a lot, and you're laughing.
Pretty Boy Floyd
Quote Stephen Weatherill a lot, and you're laughing.

whose he?
I just did a search on LexisNexis Journals, only found 3 results on him and neither were on the topics I'm doing (Judicial Review & General Principles & Fundamental Rights)
I'll have a look in the library tommorow although it's a bit late in the day for me to be learning everything new, I guess I could do a last minute bit of cramming but I prefer to do something completely unrelated the night before an exam
Reply 38
how does one incorporate academics quotes? i managed to do this in some of my brief case commentaries, where an academic states that ratio should have been decided differently, or something along those lines....ny other suggestions?
drmoney89
how does one incorporate academics quotes? i managed to do this in some of my brief case commentaries, where an academic states that ratio should have been decided differently, or something along those lines....ny other suggestions?

You don't need to worry about it in exams. I just tended to put for example, (Smith, 2002) but it might be different for Law.

Latest

Trending

Trending