The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Jesus College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
whknock
Will have to tell him that on the phone later..... (I'm his boyfriend, so it's a given that we'd talk on Christmas day......)

Mark's reaction was very much as I expected..... he laughed, loudly!!!
Oh, and the Evita/Pride and Prejudice night was immense!!!
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 41
congrats to all those who applied to Jesus and got an offer!
cheers man, I'm looking forward to walking up the Chimney in 21 months time.. !
Reply 43
Phileas_Fogg
cheers man, I'm looking forward to walking up the Chimney in 21 months time.. !

I take it you're a gap yearer then. What subject did you get an offer for?
the 3-year Classics course (there are 2 of us on this forum, with offers for 2008) and yup, with any luck I'll have been to South America by the time I come up to Jesus.

Is it just me, or does Jesus dominate?
Reply 45
Hi all, just wondering what the arrangements are at Jesus for leaving "stuff" in rooms while home for Hallowe'en, Christmas etc... I'm a Northern Irelander so I can't really take much home on a plane with me.

Thanks
Reply 46
medman07
Hi all, just wondering what the arrangements are at Jesus for leaving "stuff" in rooms while home for Hallowe'en, Christmas etc... I'm a Northern Irelander so I can't really take much home on a plane with me.

Thanks

There are rooms set aside for that sort of thing. Though if you're going home at Hallowe'en, then you can leave your stuff in your room, as term doesn't stop. (You'd miss lectures! :eek:)
The trunk rooms can get quite crowded, though
Reply 47
Anyone going to Jesus in 2007
Reply 48
Me, if I get the grades...and that seems to be about it...why isn't anyone else posting? :s-smilie:

*wonders if picked the wrong college*
Reply 49
VicWat89
Anyone going to Jesus in 2007

I've got an offer for Engineering at Jesus :biggrin: , but for 2008 (deferred) entry.

Ruch182
Me, if I get the grades...and that seems to be about it...why isn't anyone else posting?

I guess it's just the quiet college - not necessarily a bad thing :p:

Matt
Reply 50
All the Jesuans (bar me) are out doing stuff unlike those losers from other colleges with nothing better to do.
Reply 51
Jesuans spend more time with eachother than looking for friends on the internet lol.

Currently planning freshers week 2007 and with any luck it should be the best ever so i hope you're all looking forward to it!

Jesus - Quiet surroundings - Loud people
Reply 52
JHutcher
Jesuans spend more time with eachother than looking for friends on the internet lol.

Currently planning freshers week 2007 and with any luck it should be the best ever so i hope you're all looking forward to it!

Jesus - Quiet surroundings - Loud people

I can't wait - sounds brilliant! What does freshers week typically involve or is that a surprise? I have an offer for SPS beginning in 2007. Which subject are you doing Ruch182?
Reply 53
Bio NatSci :smile:
Reply 54
VicWat89
I can't wait - sounds brilliant! What does freshers week typically involve or is that a surprise? I have an offer for SPS beginning in 2007. Which subject are you doing Ruch182?

Clubbing, bar crawls, bowling, punting, drinking, partying and eating. There are a number of sober events as well!

Unfortunately lectures start on the thursday after you come up!

Justin

P.S. The chapel-court bedsits have just had new comunal kitchens fitted that are quite nice so if you were put of by the skanky ones we had before bare that in mind!
Reply 55
Not all of them :p: I still have a tiny box for a kitchen
Reply 56
Why would you ever want to go anywhere near a kitchen when there is a three-course waitress served meal on offer five times a week? I'm personally grateful that I can hopefully put off learning to cook for another 3 years!
Reply 57
Have fun spending £4.30 a day on one meal alone

What about lunch and breakfast?
Reply 58
Hmmm.... no-one's posted on here for a little while.... how is everyone? Still hideously excited? (Which you should be if I remember how I was.....)
Reply 59
Or worried about the exams?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending