Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Jesus College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
parkerpen
emails are your initials plus a number @cam.ac.uk
ie John James Smith will be [email protected] or something similar.

but all that will be explained in a few weeks... what is it a month tomorrow for results?

You'll be getting letters from your college parents shortly afterwards as well!

Justin
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 81
JHutcher

You'll be getting letters from your college parents shortly afterwards as well!

And I for one am very excited about being a parent. See.... it's not just you freshers who can get excited!!!

Will.
Reply 82
What happened to all the potential freshers... its seems the jesus thread died a death?
Reply 83
Good Luck for tomorrow to all the prospective Jesuans!
Reply 84
JHutcher
Good Luck for tomorrow to all the prospective Jesuans!

Thanks :smile:. I met my offer for Engineering, but I'm deferred entry so have a while to wait before coming up...

Matt
hh
Reply 86
Ha ha, I have a rich and varied life beyond the web (I hope!) but wondered about the lack of life on this thread compared to some of the other colleges - maybe this bodes well?!?

I'll be joining you in 6 weeks for medicine! Any college-specific tips would be welcome.

I have have a few questions though if anyone would be good enough to answer - like how often formal halls are, and how the paying-for-meals arrangement works, and how we are grouped for supervisions, when we buy books/robes and when we hear about accomodation allocation/readiness (as I am coming from Northern Ireland) ........?
Reply 87
Formals are on every day bar Mondays and Saturdays (but they're not compulsory!) You'll be grouped for supervisions by college, usually in groups of no more than four. Gowns are bought on arrival for around £50, and I think you'll have a reading list sent to you soonish, ditto acc. info
Reply 88
Thanks!
Reply 89
I have a dad! (my biological father is wondering if he would pay half the fees???)

Do we get to know who our siblings are before arriving?
Reply 90
If you ask your parents I'm sure they'll tell you
This is a nice quiet forum. I'm taking this to be a good thing - as I can now be happy in the knowledge that i'm not going to uni with hundreds of computer nerds who spend all day on internet forums.

Anyway, I was just wondering what the gym is like at Jesus. Could any gym-goers give me a brief summary of the facilities and costs and suchlike?

Cheers.
Reply 92
It's free! It's not amazing, but I think it's quite good for a college gym. It's next to the squash court and has:

- Bench press
- Ergometer (plenty more at the boathouse)
- 3 bikes
- dumbells + barbells ranging up to 20 kg plates (maybe more, I've not used them extensively)
- bench (useful for doing rows)
- cable crossover machine
-leg press
- leg ext/curl
- power cage (I think that's what you call it)
- lat machine
plus a couple more I've forgotten/can't name

There's also a climbing wall in there, though only for the use of the climbing club
Reply 93
I wanna come down see the college, but missed all the open days.... Can I just turn up? Or ring up before I go?
I'm coming to look from the 6th-8th Oct. I know some friends going, one of whom is putting me up so will meet them for drinks etc. I've made a shortlist of GOnville, Jesus and Pembroke so we shall see.
Reply 95
What are the football teams like? Had a check around, but it seemed a bit disorganised, and I wasn't sure what year the internet page was from :P
Reply 96
We've got 3, they all do fairly well. Specifics...I'm not sure
Any prospective students around? This thread has died a slow death..
Reply 98
Just got my interview letter today, its on 10th December. It suddenly seems less time to go than yesterday :P
Well mines on the 4th.

P.s I've been to your school for a Geography talk - all those Oxbridge boards in the hall to live up to!

Quick Reply

Latest