The Student Room Group

How often do you text your girlfriend?

I have been going out with a boy for just over a month, we go to the same University and got back from our Ski trip this weekend with Uni.

The thing is, he hasn t text me since then although we are going out and he said he would miss me when we left. He s spoken on the group chat for our skiing thing but not to me individually.

He doesn t text anyone really, only if he needs to find something out really.

I m just worried he will change his mind about us…but i don t want to text him really unnecessarily.

I was also meant to see him this easter, although we re only home for 10 days, he said he had to see his friends because he never gets to see them and he works 5 days a week. I was just a bit upset by this.

What do you think? We re 19 and 20!
Do you ever text him first? Don't expect him to initiate! xD
Sometimes when a person really likes someone, they're too nervous to initiate texting themselves.
Plus, if he doesn't text that much in general, I wouldn't fret.
Reply 2
i, as a guy, usually find i am texting the girl first (they don't usually text first as it wouldn't be playing hard to get) but i do leave it sometimes just to see if the girl text me. always a nice surprise when they do. go for it!
I have a similar issue.
My boyfriend will text me whenever I text him. However, I do find that I am initiating conversations. It would be nice if he were the one to text/call me.
But it hasn't been a huge issue in the relationship. Irritating sometimes, but we have been together almost a year now so, don't get too worried.

I would say the main issue is if you feel you value his company more than he values yours. If the feelings are not mutual in the relationship then you need to have an honest chat with him.
All the ti.....oh wait, I'm single

Posted from TSR Mobile
I get texts all day :smile:
Reply 6
Well I've been going out with my boyfriend for 2 yrs now and we speak every day on the phone or on fb. I get quite upset if we don't talk. At the start of the relationship we would text 1-3 times a week and speak in the evenings on fb. I wouldn't be too worried atm. I think you should text him first, he seems a bit out of the technology world. :smile:
Reply 7
My ex used to text me every waking minute. Except from when he was out cheating :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NutE
My ex used to text me every waking minute. Except from when he was out cheating :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The insecure ones do tend to put their mind at rest by doing this.
Reply 9
Original post by CharlieeB
The insecure ones do tend to put their mind at rest by doing this.

What does that supposed to mean?
Original post by NutE
What does that supposed to mean?

If he's out cheating, he will be insecure about himself and paranoid that you are doing the same. So he will try to put his mind at rest by constantly texting you.

I've seen it happen many times.
Reply 11
Original post by CharlieeB
If he's out cheating, he will be insecure about himself and paranoid that you are doing the same. So he will try to put his mind at rest by constantly texting you.

I've seen it happen many times.

Makes sense I guess :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending