The Student Room Group

nearly 21 but look 14 :(

Nobody except you young looking males out there know how extremely hard it is to get a girlfriend or even a kiss when you look like a 14 year old!
It really plays on my confidence as I dont have the balls to go up to a girl seeming as the last times I have approached a girl in a club goes like this: "Aww you're adorable you shouldnt be here" "haha you look like 10" I've even been patted on the head like I'm a dog!!
No matter how much confidence you exude a young face can just ruin it.
Girls lets be honest would you ever be sexually attracted to someone that looks younger then you? I've been told I'm good looking but its the year 10's that like me...
Lets use this guy in this video as an example, hes clearly good looking just looks very young. (He's 20 but looks 14).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqL5m8EPUpI

Also, notice the first reaction he gets, is completely the same reaction i get! Would you girls ever consider dating a guy that looked this young?
Boy Band
Looking young is a good thing. I am 26 but I look about 20. I also act like a teenager pretty much. A lot of girls think its cute. Im actually quite calculating and shrewd but acting and looking like this girls lower their defences a bit.
Just give it a few years...
OMG as a 26 year old girl who looks 16-17, I kind of have some idea of what you're saying. Everyone says I have a baby face, and sometimes people even comment that I could pass for 14-16. It does suck. I get ID'd even for painkillers and in every club/bar/pub. My sister's boyfriend once made a comment last year that he should take me to McDonalds whenever he wants a happy meal, because at least they wouldn't give him funny looks ordering one with me by his side. My flatmate last year made a dig that I look 13.

I imagine it must be harder on a guy though. Maybe you should grow some stubble or full-on facial hair. I know a guy who does that because without it he looks super young. We call him the yeti! Maybe just leave some stubble. Don't shave as often. I'm going to assume you shave. Also, on that youtube guy, I don't think the backwards cap helps. Maybe dress differently. Some guys still have a baby face into their 20's. My brother is a good example - he's very, very tall, and works out, plays a lot of sports but still has a baby face. Which looks odd on a sturdily-built guy. He looks older when he doesn't shave. Are you a fairly short guy?
Reply 5
Original post by godivaontherocks
OMG as a 26 year old girl who looks 16-17, I kind of have some idea of what you're saying. Everyone says I have a baby face, and sometimes people even comment that I could pass for 14-16. It does suck. I get ID'd even for painkillers and in every club/bar/pub. My sister's boyfriend once made a comment last year that he should take me to McDonalds whenever he wants a happy meal, because at least they wouldn't give him funny looks ordering one with me by his side. My flatmate last year made a dig that I look 13.

I imagine it must be harder on a guy though. Maybe you should grow some stubble or full-on facial hair. I know a guy who does that because without it he looks super young. We call him the yeti! Maybe just leave some stubble. Don't shave as often. I'm going to assume you shave. Also, on that youtube guy, I don't think the backwards cap helps. Maybe dress differently. Some guys still have a baby face into their 20's. My brother is a good example - he's very, very tall, and works out, plays a lot of sports but still has a baby face. Which looks odd on a sturdily-built guy. He looks older when he doesn't shave. Are you a fairly short guy?

Thanks for the reply and no I'm about average height. I'm very skinny however and cant for the life of me gain weight to put on muscle. Currently having no time or money I dont have the ability to take on the 6 meals a day regime to get bigger... And for the stubble thing I can't grow like anything.

So you know what it's like to walk into a pub then have some people go "who let then ten year old", big knock to the confidence eh?
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for the reply and no I'm about average height. I'm very skinny however and cant for the life of me gain weight to put on muscle. Currently having no time or money I dont have the ability to take on the 6 meals a day regime to get bigger... And for the stubble thing I can't grow like anything.

So you know what it's like to walk into a pub then have some people go "who let then ten year old", big knock to the confidence eh?

Oh hell yeah, I've been to clubs where the bouncers have to look at my ID like 10 times before they let me in. Maybe not 10... but thereabouts. It doesn't help that they question the legality of it because I'm Asian but born in France. So I have to stand there for ages while they make up their mind. I tried gaining muscle by gyming but to no avail lol I eventually began to put on weight and curve out two years ago, I still don't know how but it was miraculous. I stayed the same dress size but my body just changed. I think at your age, you might still be doing some growing. A lot of guys/girls I've known (myself included) have extremely high metabolisms until their mid/late twenties. Maybe your facial features are naturally youthful too. It might help to consider whether your haircut is doing you any favours. That made a major difference with me and a few guys I've known. And of course, with girls, at least we have makeup! But I think in a few years you might naturally start to bulk out. Eating small meals regularly and building muscle would be the best way meanwhile. At the very least, don't skip meals. You could go to your GP and have a blood-test done like I did, to see if there is anything else preventing you from gaining weight. I know with girls we get hormonal imbalances, duno about the men. Or see a nutritionist/dietitian (your doc can refer you for free on the NHS). Eat high-protein and carb-rich meals and put dairy products on EVERYTHING. Seriously, I eat so much (love cooking/eating), my doctor was worried I'd get diabetic but I weigh 42kg and I'm not tall, just average but very leggy. You can imagine how disgustingly disproportionate THAT looks. Anyway, all the best! x

Get your testosterone levels checked, seriously. They are probably very low.
switch places with me please :redface:
puberty will come soon don't worry
You won't be complaining when you're 40.
Nobody except you young looking males out there know how extremely hard it is to get a girlfriend or even a kiss when you look like a 14 year old!
It really plays on my confidence as I dont have the balls to go up to a girl seeming as the last times I have approached a girl in a club goes like this: "Aww you're adorable you shouldnt be here" "haha you look like 10" I've even been patted on the head like I'm a dog!!
Girls lets be honest would you ever be sexually attracted to someone that looks younger then you? I've been told I'm good looking but its the year 10's that like me...
Lets use this guy in this video as an example, hes clearly good looking just looks very young. (He's 20 but looks 14).

Also, notice the first reaction he gets, is completely the same reaction i get! Would you girls ever consider dating a guy that looked this young?

Errr just date 16 year olds? Not seeing a problem here :/
awwww haha you seem sooo adorable! Lol I find guys like that really attractive, not just their looks but I dunno, theres something about them that I get really attracted to. Take Olly Alexander for example, from Years and Years (my fave band lol), he's 24, but he looks like a 17 year old, I actually thought he was a teenager like me, seriously, he's so good looking, girls love him, but they were probably heart broken when they found out he was gay, I was :frown: Your actually lucky if you think about it, nothing bad I think:smile:
Girls tend to be attracted to more 'mature looking' men.

It's not the worst thing in the world. You'll look awesome when you are 30.
Reply 14
21 here look very young for my age bit like justin bieber lol
You must be opposite of a jailbait.

my mate had a similar problem so he asked for aging so i gave him battle scars (broke his nose but he wanted it)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending