The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 5:Transition Metals and Organic Chemistry 6CH05 (15th June 2015)

Scroll to see replies

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3240167

chemistry unit 6 written alternative thread
This thread is certainly very useful for me!
Original post by Tim4242
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1428798930.519853.jpg
So, I have been trying to solve this problem using molar volumes and can't think of another way of doing it. I would really appreciate it if someone could explain why the answer is D.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surely, the answer is B?
Reply 23
Original post by The Epicurean
Surely, the answer is B?

Worked this out some time back. Thanks for your help though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any notes on the very last bit on the Unit 5 spec (all about 3 methylbenzoate and another chemical..)? I know this is a bit unclear but if you know what I mean, please help!!! I can't find any notes on them in any revision guide :cry:
Has anyone done the June 2014 paper? :frown:
Original post by daisychain_
Has anyone done the June 2014 paper? :frown:

Yes, I found it a lot harder than the other ones I have done!
Original post by economicsrocks
Yes, I found it a lot harder than the other ones I have done!

I completely failed it :frown: i hope they're nice to us this year
Reply 28
Can anyone explain question 5(b) to me? Or have any resources for it! Thanks :smile:
http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Chemistry/2013/Exam%20materials/6CH05_01_que_20110624.pdf
The answer's D btw!
Reply 29
Original post by cerlohee
Can anyone explain question 5(b) to me? Or have any resources for it! Thanks :smile:
http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Chemistry/2013/Exam%20materials/6CH05_01_que_20110624.pdf
The answer's D btw!

Amines are ligands - that's all you need to know for this one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I completely failed it :frown: i hope they're nice to us this year

Same here! I hope so too, they can't have two harsh papers in two years, surely! :s-smilie:
Same here! I hope so too, they can't have two harsh papers in two years, surely! :s-smilie:

apparently last year they had 2 really bad units in a row, so yes i hope they're nice to us this year :s-smilie:
apparently last year they had 2 really bad units in a row, so yes i hope they're nice to us this year :s-smilie:

Yeah, I hope they're not cruel enough to do that this year too! What do you need in chemistry? Luckily I don't need it for my course which takes a lot of pressure off! :smile:
Yeah, I hope they're not cruel enough to do that this year too! What do you need in chemistry? Luckily I don't need it for my course which takes a lot of pressure off! :smile:

Only a B, its not too much to ask for :frown: so chemistry isn't part of your offer? i wouldn't bother with it if i were you :lol:
Only a B, its not too much to ask for :frown: so chemistry isn't part of your offer? i wouldn't bother with it if i were you :lol:

No it's only my 4th subject so it wasn't included in any offers, thankfully! I'm predicted a B so I'm going for the same as you. Good luck -we can do this! :smile:
Reply 35
Could anyone help me out on this question. Please. :confused:
In the mass spectrum of an organic compound, the molecular ion occurs at m/e = 86.
Which of the following could be the empirical formula of the compound?
A C6H14
B C5H10N
C C5H12O
D C5H7F

The answer is C. But whyyyyyyyy???
No it's only my 4th subject so it wasn't included in any offers, thankfully! I'm predicted a B so I'm going for the same as you. Good luck -we can do this! :smile:

GL to you too- i really hope so :smile:
Original post by nida234
Could anyone help me out on this question. Please. :confused:
In the mass spectrum of an organic compound, the molecular ion occurs at m/e = 86.
Which of the following could be the empirical formula of the compound?
A C6H14
B C5H10N
C C5H12O
D C5H7F

The answer is C. But whyyyyyyyy???

are you sure its C? and not A?
Reply 38
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
are you sure its C? and not A?

Yeah it's C. It's not A because C6H14 can be further simplified to give C3H7.
Original post by nida234
Yeah it's C. It's not A because C6H14 can be further simplified to give C3H7.

C gives an rfm of 88 and the molecular ion peak is 86? thats impossible

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending