The Student Room Group

Going through No Contact, AMA.

Day 3: my heart is still aching, it's almost the same feeling after hearing my aunt passed away. I've stopped myself trying to get in contact with her twice this morning.

I guess I'm secretly hoping she contacts me in the next month or so, but a large part of myself is ready to accept she won't. Parts of me are wondering whether she's thinking about me, missing me or whatever ... But I'm quite certain she is.

AMA!
Hi there, sorry to hear about what you're going through. Least you've been storng enough not to contact her.
It's hard to know what to say when there's no background story as to what has happened before hand:frown:
Give it time, it'll get easier, if she decides to contact you in the meantime, maybe you can get things back on track?

Hope all goes well OP:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by rachaelftw
Hi there, sorry to hear about what you're going through. Least you've been storng enough not to contact her.
It's hard to know what to say when there's no background story as to what has happened before hand:frown:
Give it time, it'll get easier, if she decides to contact you in the meantime, maybe you can get things back on track?

Hope all goes well OP:smile:

Yeah, thanks.
I've been through break ups before, and each time I go No Contact.

It didn't work with my previous ex because of reasons ... But this time time it's a lot more different.

My mum put money on my ex coming back, so I hope she's right. If she's not, then whatever I guess.
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, thanks.
I've been through break ups before, and each time I go No Contact.

It didn't work with my previous ex because of reasons ... But this time time it's a lot more different.

My mum put money on my ex coming back, so I hope she's right. If she's not, then whatever I guess.

Do you find it easier to just cut off all contact? Or is there another reason?
Genuinely just interested now :smile: Tell me shove off if i'm being too nosey.

All my previous break-ups it's been them that have just totally cut me off. Blocked/deleted/number deleted etc.
I found it quite upsetting that after all we'd been through they just wanted to totally forget/get rid of me.
I dunno, maybe that's just me. Like I said - unsure of the background, so if this is what works best for you - then good luck.
Reply 4
Do you find it easier to just cut off all contact? Or is there another reason?
Genuinely just interested now :smile: Tell me shove off if i'm being too nosey.

All my previous break-ups it's been them that have just totally cut me off. Blocked/deleted/number deleted etc.
I found it quite upsetting that after all we'd been through they just wanted to totally forget/get rid of me.
I dunno, maybe that's just me. Like I said - unsure of the background, so if this is what works best for you - then good luck.

Well the main reason why I'm going through no contact is to try and get back. HOWEVER, there is always a chance that she won't want it, so the second part of this No Contact is to slowly get over the break and move on (if she doesn't want to get back together).

I've removed her from my friend's list and taken her number off my phone to help me in the NC process. I've noticed she hasn't removed pictures of us just yet.

My mum says she's almost certain my GF will come back ... My mum put a £50 bet on it even.

She ended it because of the stress at work ... She really couldn't handle it the poor girl, she lost it a few days ago and was screaming and crying.
Original post by Anonymous
Well the main reason why I'm going through no contact is to try and get back. HOWEVER, there is always a chance that she won't want it, so the second part of this No Contact is to slowly get over the break and move on (if she doesn't want to get back together).

I've removed her from my friend's list and taken her number off my phone to help me in the NC process. I've noticed she hasn't removed pictures of us just yet.

My mum says she's almost certain my GF will come back ... My mum put a £50 bet on it even.

She ended it because of the stress at work ... She really couldn't handle it the poor girl, she lost it a few days ago and was screaming and crying.

Oh gosh. Well maybe it was just a moment of high stress (sounds very stressful tbh, and if she can't handle it, nobody can make her...)
But maybe she needs a bit of space etc. and when she's back with her feet on the ground, you can maybe try again?
Mum's always know best to be fair. They see things from outside the box, so she knows how you two were when you were together.
She can probably tell what your relationship was like, if the girl really liked you, so she's most probably right, maybe your GF just needs time?
She may realise with the whole NC thing that she misses having you around, and hopefully will get in touch.
And if not, then like you said, it helps get over the break and you can possibly try and move on? Hopefully it won't come to that.
The first thing people normally do when they break up is remove pictures/memories/anything that's a reminder out of their life.
So the pictures still being there - that's kind of a good sign, I'd say. There till may be hope OP, good luck though:biggrin:
Reply 6
Oh gosh. Well maybe it was just a moment of high stress (sounds very stressful tbh, and if she can't handle it, nobody can make her...)
But maybe she needs a bit of space etc. and when she's back with her feet on the ground, you can maybe try again?
Mum's always know best to be fair. They see things from outside the box, so she knows how you two were when you were together.
She can probably tell what your relationship was like, if the girl really liked you, so she's most probably right, maybe your GF just needs time?
She may realise with the whole NC thing that she misses having you around, and hopefully will get in touch.
And if not, then like you said, it helps get over the break and you can possibly try and move on? Hopefully it won't come to that.
The first thing people normally do when they break up is remove pictures/memories/anything that's a reminder out of their life.
So the pictures still being there - that's kind of a good sign, I'd say. There till may be hope OP, good luck though:biggrin:

Tbh her still having pictures of me don't tell me anything because she's not always on FaceBook. But come to think about it, it might because at this moment in time she's speaking a lot to people of FaceBook who are part of her Maths group, so it might mean something I dunno.

I really, really, really hope my mum's right: she usually is. She absolutely hated my previous ex, so the fact that she thinks we'll get back together is lifting my spirits.
Reply 7
Do you think my ex is thinking about me?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending