The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Applicants for 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Landed on my feet here, just been offered Langton Close for accommodation. So happy I don't need to go through the stress of private renting
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by corey01
Landed on my feet here, just been offered Langton Close for accommodation. So happy I don't need to go through the stress of private renting

nice! did you apply for accommodation before the deadline?
Original post by tanyapotter
nice! did you apply for accommodation before the deadline?

I did but I was temporarily rejected by UCL due to a mess up with UCAS and had to go through clearing so I must've been sent to the back of the list. Have you applied?
So, about registering modules...
I don't know if it's different or the same with SELCS for everyone else, but anyway do I not do anything on my portico timetable/ register any modules? I know I had to make an appointment during induction week for my optional modules, so does that mean I don't need to register anything now? I really don't want to mess it up....
[QUOTE="theonetruequeen;67323096"]
Original post by Conorewan

You should probably post this on a 2017 applicants thread :tongue: to answer your question though, yes it's worth applying! I assume you don't plan on continuing politics, so make that clear on your UCAS. You have brilliant predicted grades so it really shouldn't be a problem. UCL just needs a pass at the fourth AS subject - to give you an anecdote, my best friend got AAAD at AS and A*A*A at A2 (he dropped the D) and is now headed to UCL for engineering :smile:

Thanks you!
Anybody know how you access your timetable? I can log onto portico but when trying to log onto the online timetable it doesn't recognise the details...
Hello,I just received an offer today for a single non en-suite room in Max Rayne house. It is £135.59 a week and is self catered. It is located in Camden and is 8 minutes away by bus with a bus stop located right next to the accommodation and 10 minutes away on a bicycle. I am looking for a single en-suite room (preferably close to campus) to swap with. En-suite is quite important to me. My budget is flexible. Please if you're interested PM me.
I'm currently taking a 2nd gap year and my current grades are A*BB in Mathematics, Economics and Chemistry. I am retaking Economics and Chemistry and I'm predicted A*A*A in Maths, Economics and Chemistry. I am planning to apply for UCL Statistics, Economics and Finance and I have 9As and 2Bs at GCSE. Along with a strong personal statement do you think I have a shot ?
Original post by corey01
Anybody know how you access your timetable? I can log onto portico but when trying to log onto the online timetable it doesn't recognise the details...

Choose degree timetable instead of personal timetable.
Original post by corey01

Download the UCL app for your phone and try there.
Hey! Has anyone heard from UCL about Scolaships?
Does UCL consider AS grades or predicted A-level grades to be more important?
Original post by Pluieparler
Does UCL consider AS grades or predicted A-level grades to be more important?

UCL looks at both- but your better off posting this on the 2017 applicants thread
I know that as-levels are slightly different this year but as long as you have met the offer with your predicted grades
E.g predicted A*AA and offer is AAA then you should be fine, they mostly gauge your ability as a student from your personal statement and predicted grades that equate to or are better than there offer
Anyone doing history of art?
Original post by Danllo
I'm currently taking a 2nd gap year and my current grades are A*BB in Mathematics, Economics and Chemistry. I am retaking Economics and Chemistry and I'm predicted A*A*A in Maths, Economics and Chemistry. I am planning to apply for UCL Statistics, Economics and Finance and I have 9As and 2Bs at GCSE. Along with a strong personal statement do you think I have a shot ?

Hi. Definitely! Only thing I would say is your predicted grades for econ and chem are two levels up , but they could be accurate depending the ums you got. Can I ask what exam board your doing?

I just finished a gap year and had retaken A2 economics OCR. Met my offer for mech eng with business finance at UCL and starting in 2 weeks.

The other thing is , haven't Alevels changed permanently now? As in you can no longer retake if you did the old syllabus. Only asking because a friend of mine is considering taking a second gap year to retake some units but the college said they will no longer offer exams from the old syllabus
Original post by esmail777
Hi. Definitely! Only thing I would say is your predicted grades for econ and chem are two levels up , but they could be accurate depending the ums you got. Can I ask what exam board your doing?

I just finished a gap year and had retaken A2 economics OCR. Met my offer for mech eng with business finance at UCL and starting in 2 weeks.

The other thing is , haven't Alevels changed permanently now? As in you can no longer retake if you did the old syllabus. Only asking because a friend of mine is considering taking a second gap year to retake some units but the college said they will no longer offer exams from the old syllabus

Hi, my sixth form said that I can retake the A2 exams which should be enough for the grades I need hopefully. I'm doing AQA for Economics and OCR A for Chemistry. I just finished my first gap year and got A* in Maths, B in Chemistry (6 UMS away from an A) and a B in Economics. Taking a 2nd gap year is long but I really would like to go to UCL or LSE. If I get predicted 3 A*s and have a strong personal statement, do you think this should balance out the fact that I've taken out 2 years ? Obviously I've done internships in KMPG and PwC as well as a part time job but another year is quite long. I did want to start university this year and I have currently have an offer for Economics from Queen Mary but I really don't like the university/area. I just feel like I could do better (QMUL is good don't get me wrong) and I would feel happy at UCL or LSE. i know this is not likely but do you think I have a chance for UCL Economics ? I would have 3 A*s predicted and 9As 2Bs at GCSE but I would of taken 2 years out.. Please let me know what you think !
Hey, im joining UCL soon, but i haven't received an email with an invitation to pre-enrol yet, although on UCL's website they said that it should be sent to all the students in the early September. Is it normal or should i contact someone about this?
Original post by Aga1712
Hey, im joining UCL soon, but i haven't received an email with an invitation to pre-enrol yet, although on UCL's website they said that it should be sent to all the students in the early September. Is it normal or should i contact someone about this?

Im in the same boat, i've logged onto the UCL portico and it says that they emailed me a request to upload some documents, but i havent recieved this email and they dont specify want sort of documents they need.
So far, UCL admin has been poor compared to how much of a highly academic university it is.
Also- i too havent had my UCL id prepared also, i suspect they will send in during induction week
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Timothy-L
Im in the same boat, i've logged onto the UCL portico and it says that they emailed me a request to upload some documents, but i havent recieved this email and they dont specify want sort of documents they need.
So far, UCL admin has been poor compared to how much of a highly academic university it is.
Also- i too havent had my UCL id prepared also, i suspect they will send in during induction week

Ugh, i hope they'll send an email sooner, because i've seen that some info about ISOP come along with it (and ISOP is, like, VERY soon). And the fact that others have the same problem as me is not exactly reassuring :<
Original post by Timothy-L

Call and check your email/portico

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending