The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Applicants for 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

If you haven't received pre-enrolment info, make sure you sort out your visa documentation on portico if you're international.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by gwagon
If you haven't received pre-enrolment info, make sure you sort out your visa documentation on portico if you're international.

I'm international but i don't need a visa (i'm from the EU)
Original post by Aga1712
I'm international but i don't need a visa (i'm from the EU)

You might need to send them a scan of your passport. I don't need a visa too, but I completed the visa section in Portico and they asked me for a scan of my passport later.
Hey can anyone expain these 'black tie' events to me like the RUMS Boat party. Are we expexted to wear formal tuxedos and bow ties etc? or is it more casual than that. Just wondering whether to invest in a black suit now... thanks
Original post by chiaralatif
Anyone doing history of art?

Yes!! I sent off my written task two weeks ago and aside from a confirmation email regarding them I have heard nothing, do you know of anyone that has received offers?
Reply 5305
I got predicted A*A*A in Econ, Maths and Further Maths. But I got a B in c3 module and two low As in c4 and fp1. Plus I only got a C in my history which I've dropped. For now with my existed grades do I still stand a chance of getting in straight Economics cuz apparently my grades are not competitive (or are they?). Should I go for a joint subject or Economics with a year abroad? Would that make some difference?
Reply 5306
[QUOTE="Conorewan;67322390"]
Original post by Birkenhead

GCSEs: A*A*A*A*AAAAA
AS: Chemistry A biology A maths A politics C :frown:
A2: (predicted): A*A*A
Fursther info: I really want to apply to UCL to do biochemistry but i don't know how intensely my C in politics will influence the application... Is it still worth applying?

I think you have a great chance mate dw
Hi,
Applying to do History of Art, and I'm predicted AAAB at A2. do you think I stand a chance at UCL? My GCSE's are: 4A*, 3A, 2B, 1C.

Hi, I'm applying for History of art too and our GCSE's are virtually the same! (4A*s 3As and 5Bs) as well as being predicted AAA at A2. However I think I slightly messed up the written work required :/ it was such an ambigious piece and the writing was rather hard to interpret especially without looking at other resources!
Original post by RosieFitter
Hi, I'm applying for History of art too and our GCSE's are virtually the same! (4A*s 3As and 5Bs) as well as being predicted AAA at A2. However I think I slightly messed up the written work required :/ it was such an ambigious piece and the writing was rather hard to interpret especially without looking at other resources!

Hey, I've also applied for HART. I was wondering if anyone had any offers? UCL is my first choice and after submitting the work I still haven't heard anything.
Anyone doing history of art?

Me! still haven't heard back from them though :ashamed2: have you??
Yes!! I sent off my written task two weeks ago and aside from a confirmation email regarding them I have heard nothing, do you know of anyone that has received offers?

I sent my written work off for HART but I didn't get a conformation email.. what did it say? do you think I should email them?
Original post by amy1698
I sent my written work off for HART but I didn't get a conformation email.. what did it say? do you think I should email them?

Maybe you should, I received an email from 'Lucy Ghost' saying they had received my work but other than that I havent heard anything :/
Maybe you should, I received an email from 'Lucy Ghost' saying they had received my work but other than that I havent heard anything :/

Ok I've emailed them.. Bit nervous now because it's passed the deadline so hopefully they got it :frown:
Original post by amy1698
Ok I've emailed them.. Bit nervous now because it's passed the deadline so hopefully they got it :frown:

If you check on the portal it should say whether your "documents" have been sent hopefully they just forgot to send an email or there was a mistake 😊 how did you find the written work btw??

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you check on the portal it should say whether your "documents" have been sent hopefully they just forgot to send an email or there was a mistake 😊 how did you find the written work btw??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I wanted to check but the portal/portico is being renovated until Tuesday so I can't access it?! I thought it was ok, I'm more used to talking about works than texts so the Nochlin was a bit tricky. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also when I was submitting work I had to classify what kind of document it was and the options were really strange like 'CV' did you have anything like that??
Original post by amy1698
Also when I was submitting work I had to classify what kind of document it was and the options were really strange like 'CV' did you have anything like that??

I was fine with the text (being used to doing similar things in English) but the piece by Kruger was so ambiguous and hard to decipher I think I just spurted a load of ramblings! :frown: YES! I became really worried and starting thinking that we maybe were supposed to upload a CV or something :/ I hope I selected the right one!
I'm an EU applicant from Germany. I've sent my application for computer science on the 2nd of october and they still haven't read it(in the portico the status is still on "recived"). is this normal? in which order do they process the applications?
I was fine with the text (being used to doing similar things in English) but the piece by Kruger was so ambiguous and hard to decipher I think I just spurted a load of ramblings! :frown: YES! I became really worried and starting thinking that we maybe were supposed to upload a CV or something :/ I hope I selected the right one!

Me too!! Have you heard of anyone getting offers for HART at UCL?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending