The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Applicants for 2016 Entry

I thought it was about time we had a thread for all those considering applying to UCL for 2016 entry. Below is a template format for sharing the details of your application. I suggest deleting/substituting qualification types as appropriate, as well as specifying what subjects have been taken.

Course:
GCSE:
AS-Level:
A-Level:
Further details:

Feel free to also share a little about yourself, and any questions and thoughts you may have about UCL, the course you want to apply for, living in London etc. etc.

:hat: :haughty: :hat2: :awesome: :london: :teeth: :top2: :chaplin: :scrooge:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Course: Linguistics (International Programme)
GCSE: 3A*, 5A, 1B, 1C
AS-Level: AAAA (English Literature, History, Government & Politics and Religious Studies)
A-Level: A*AA (English Literature, History and Government & Politics)
Further details: I was previously studying English at Bristol but realised after a long while that English at degree level was not to my tastes.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I might be but maybe not depending on whether I want to stay in London. I am surprised by so few responses.

Course: Mathematics
GCSES: 1A*, 4A, 4B
AS: Predicted AAAA with 95+ UMS in Maths,FM
Reply 3
Course: Electrical and Electronic Engineering
GCSE: 1 A* 7As 1B
AS-Level: AAAB (Maths, Physics, Computing, and Chemistry)
A-Level: Probably predicted AAA
Further details: International student, still not sure about applying, but I love London and would be crazy not to consider it.
Reply 4
Original post by tridianprime
I am surprised by so few responses.

So am I...though it is still early days for 2016 applicants
Reply 5
Hey :smile:
Course: Mathematics and Physics GF1H MSci 4 Years
GCSE: 5 A*, 4 A, 1 C
AS: Predicted 3 A's in Maths, Physics and Further Maths. Predicted B in Chemistry.
A2: Hopefully A* in Maths and Further Maths, A in Physics and 1 in any STEP paper

Does anyone have a spare ticket to the open day on the 3rd July by the way? Thanks :smile:
Course: Philosophy
GCSE: 3A*s, 5As, 2Bs
AS-Level: A - psychology A - English lit B - law B - maths :s-smilie:
A-Level: predicted A*A*A (Although am retaking stats so should be able to get A*A*A*, and an A in law - Just had an awful day and ended up with 2Cs in 2 exams ugh)
Further details: Work experience on a medical ethics committee, lots of further reading, philosophy society
Also I am a maths/English tutor (probably not relevant - although perhaps may help for 'transferable skills':wink: Also I am the secretary on the student exec at my college (also probably irreverent :s-smilie:)

Honestly I don't know if I stand a chance at this point :frown: hoping for the best though and I'm so glad UCL do interviews!
(edited 8 years ago)
Course: English BA
GCSE: 2 A*s, 2 As, 4 Bs, 2 Cs, Intermediate WBQ PASS.
AS-Level: A Geography, B English Language & Literature, C Economics, D Biology.
A-Level: A* Economics, A* English Language & Literature, A Geography.
Further details: Currently on a gap year, with a placement at my local newspaper. Looking to broaden my reading and hone my writing.

Are UCL strict on the 'extra AS' despite me exceeding the requirements? The competition is high so I'm unsure on this.
Reply 8
Hi, I will apply this year.

Course: Economics/Economics with a year abroad.

GCSE: 7A*'s 3A's 2Bs
AS-Level: AAAAB (remarking chemistry)
A-Level (prediction): A*A*A*A + A in AS Further Maths

I took Maths, Economics, Physics, Business Studies and Chemistry respectively for AS and am taking them next year (except business studies). May drop Chemistry if the remark is successful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Course: Chemistry
GCSE: A*, 7A's, 3B's, C
AS Level: AABB
A level predicted: AAA possibly A*AA
Course: Either Geophysics or Natural Sciences
GCSE: 2A* 7A 2B 1C
AS: AAAB (Maths, further, physics, geology)
Continuing with all 4 subjects for A2 :smile:
Course: medicine
GCSE: 8A* 4A B
AS-Level:AAAB (Biology, Chemistry, History and Maths)
A-Level: A*A*A
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by iBall
Hi, I will apply this year.

Course: Economics/Economics with a year abroad.

GCSE: 7A*'s 3A's 2Bs
AS-Level: AAAAB (remarking chemistry)
A-Level (prediction): A*A*A*A + A in AS Further Maths

I took Maths, Economics, Physics, Business Studies and Chemistry respectively for AS and am taking them next year (except business studies). May drop Chemistry if the remark is successful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heya! I'm applying for Econ too - I hope we both get in! :smile: How far are you with your application? Have you done your personal statement yet?
Reply 13
Original post by icecreamcake
Heya! I'm applying for Econ too - I hope we both get in! :smile: How far are you with your application? Have you done your personal statement yet?

Hey, that's great! Hopefully we do haha :biggrin: - your grades are fantastic so I see know reason why not. I haven't finished my personal statement yet but the rest of my application is basically ready to go.

Are you going to apply to both UCL econ courses? I'd prefer to do a year abroad but don't know whether this should be mentioned in the PS. How far are you with the application? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iBall
Hey, that's great! Hopefully we do haha :biggrin: - your grades are fantastic so I see know reason why not. I haven't finished my personal statement yet but the rest of my application is basically ready to go.

Are you going to apply to both UCL econ courses? I'd prefer to do a year abroad but don't know whether this should be mentioned in the PS. How far are you with the application? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Your grades are awesome too! :biggrin:

Yeah I'm thinking of applying to both. And same with you - I've filled in most UCAS stuff apart from my personal statement. I've written most of it but of course it needs more content and editing (and I need to read more econ books too!) :tongue:

Which other unis are you thinking of?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Course: chemistry, possibly medicinal chemistry
National 5; A,A,A,A,A,A,A,A
Higher:A,A,A,A,A
Advanced Higher(hopefully) A,A,A(Maths, chem and bio) + A* in A level polish.

Could anyone recommend some books to read which could be useful for the personal statement?
Reply 16
Course: Philosophy
GCSE: 2 A*s 7As 2Bs
AS-Level: ABCC (Geography, Maths, History, Religious Studies) (Getting the 2 Cs remarked)
A-Level: predicted A*AB (Geography, Religious Studies, History)

Used to think I had a good chance but results day was a huge shock and now I'm confused about what I should do haha
Original post by yoloswagrum
Course: medicine
GCSE: 8A* 4A B
AS-Level:AAAB (Biology, Chemistry, History and Maths)
A-Level: A*A*A

Hey, I'm due to be starting Medicine at UCL in about 2 weeks, let me know if you have any questions that need answering :smile:
Course: ESPS (Dual Degree)

GCSE: A*AAABBCCC

AS-Level: History - A
Psychology - A
Government and Politics- A
English Literature - A

A-Level (Gained): Psychology - A*
Politics- A*
History- A

Further details: I am currently on a gap year, working in Parliament for 6 months and hoping to be accepted on an ICS project abroad next year. At school, I was Deputy Head Girl, organised and chaired an election hustings with the Parliamentary candidates for my area, attended the Mock EU council 2014, interned with the Domestic Abuse Unit for my area's constabulary, gained a scholarship for the 2014 Global Politics pre-university summer school at KCL.
How much do you care about GCSE grades? If someone achieved 2a's 3b's and 5c's at GCSE but 4a*s in the a levels maths English lit economics and sociology how likely are you to accept them? Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply