The Student Room Group

Hair Help

Ok I really need some help :wink: HAIR! What do I do with it? Its a boring mousy brown, but everyone says not to dye it.

Its semi-long, shoulder length, and layered. I want to grow it but am getting so bored with it. I'm also useless at styles.

If you want a good picture, its very similar to Jesus's hairstyle. Any advice? Tips to spice it up a bit?
use pure coconut oil once a week leave over night or two hours on the day then wash, wait patiently though hair doesn't grow just like that takes time, just warm the oil a little before applying it hairs the help

hope this helps
Reply 2
Original post by sim12345
use pure coconut oil once a week leave over night or two hours on the day then wash, wait patiently though hair doesn't grow just like that takes time, just warm the oil a little before applying it hairs the help

hope this helps

Thank you :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Jessy-Lou
Thank you :smile:

I was actually in the same situation as you..had the same boring long hair for years.. then I took the plunge and just got it cut super short.. I started out like frankie from the saturdays wen her hair was short... then i went shorter. and I love it!! you should think about it.
wait for it to grow you will be so satisfied with the results if you grow it long then you will be able to do anything with it tbh
Hairstyle Tip: After you get out the shower don't dry your hair with a hairdryer wait for it to airdry so once it's damp do two braids on your hair and leave them for as long as you want (overnight for best results) and your hair will look nice and naturally wavy
Coconut oil or olive oil. Yeah, I've been using that trick too since I was about 15 (that's 11 years total lol) and it's by far the BEST hair trick I've ever discovered. Just massage it into your scalp and through to the ends. Massaging the scalp will stimulate the circulation and your hair will grow out healthier. It'll also grow quicker if you want longer hair. Believe me, I've grown out my hair to my hips/waist TWICE in 10 years but I usually have a shoulder-length heavily-layered haircut. It took me just under 3 years to grow my hair to my hips the first time.

You could also try a new haircut that's easy to maintain and fits with your lifestyle. Try a more choppy layered cut/shorter length or get a fringe (angled fringes are the easiest to blend into a haircut or grow out + they always look on-trend. Make sure you take your face shape into account when choosing a suitable fringe). Look for pics and show your hairdresser. Hair salons also keep folders full of hairstyle pics that you can choose from.

Finally, you could dye the tips of your hair if it's relatively healthy. Ombre hair has been 'in' for ages now. Google for pics. That way it's not a drastic change as you're not dyeing all the way to the roots. Or try subtle highlights/lowlights to make the most of your natural hair colour. Oh, and large-barrel curling irons are great for creating pretty, soft waves/loose curls. I have two Babyliss curling irons - one smaller barrel for when my hair is short and one I use whenever. Best of luck.x
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest