The Student Room Group

How many non christians?

This poll is closed

Non Christians: Are you offended by Christmas decorations/music/celebrations

Yes5%
No95%
Total votes: 176
In light of the news that the 3/4 of british firms will not be putting Christmas decorations up for fear of being sued I was wondering how many non christians on TSR are offended by the sight of Christmas decorations?

If you are offended, could you post and put your reasons and religion is you want.

Thankies :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I love them. :biggrin:
That's daft. Nothing wrong with Christmas decorations, they are traditionally British and our culture should be embraced by other religions as well as their should be embraced by ours.
Reply 3
I'm atheist, so not technically a different religion, but I love Christmas decorations, they're so colourful and bright and I love Christmas trees.
Reply 4
I'm non religious and I'm not offended. But then again, I doubt many non religious people are.
Reply 5
christmas is for everyone.. christians are kind
deej
In light of the news that the 3/4 of british firms will not be putting Christmas decorations up for fear of being sued I was wondering how many non christians on TSR are offended by the sight of Christmas decorations?

If you are offended, could you post and put your reasons and religion is you want.

I don't see why people should really get offended. It's part of our British culture after all! It's political correctness gone mad again!
Reply 7
I'm an atheist. I hate Christmas decorations (well, when people go over the top) but they don't offend me, haha. They're just crap.
Reply 8
Hi, my name's kate and I'm an alcoholic.
Reply 9
I wonder if anyone who actually has a religion will post lol.
Reply 10
Jonah Ramone
our culture should be embraced by other religions as well as their should be embraced by ours.
:ditto:
deej

I'm christian and I still hate them....but then I'm scrooge at christmas :redface:
Reply 12
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
I'm christian and I still hate them....but then I'm scrooge at christmas :redface:

Well, I know about you :p:
deej
Well, I know about you :p:

aye :proud:
Reply 14
I'm a muslim and they don't offend me in the slightest - I think its pathetic if people truly are seeing as we live in a Christian country.
Reply 15
I think people just like to sue others.
I think Christmas decorations liven up neighborhoods. I'm not Christian but I think Christmas time is nice. Everyone goes out of their way to make everything pretty and wintery, which isn't done at any other time of the year. Also, I love the smell of pine.

Here, most people seem to take the route of saying "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" and put a Menorah and Kwanzaa decorations next to the Christmas ones.
Reply 16
I retract my vote for "no". I find Christmas music most appallingly offensive. If I hear that Mariah Carey one once more, I'm going to set fire to the Santa Claus in my nearest shopping mall.
Reply 17
Christmas decorations are as much a part of the social aspect of Christmas, and the cultural side, as they are of the religious side these days.

If you object to them, you object to both these aspects; which means you object to a cultural coming together and time of celebration, which really makes no sense at all.
It pisses me off. Nothing i can't avoid though :biggrin:
Reply 19
No way...

...Christmas... :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending