The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel Further Additional Science 2015 (B3,C3,P3)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MIST_123
Can understand (hate physics as well). I'm thinking about doing Biology and Chemistry next year also. Which one would you say you find the hardest? :smile: heard Chemistry A-Level is really HARD!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestl, i find chemistry AS chemistry the easiest As i am doing! I have a passion for chemistry so aslong as you are interested in studying it, it is absolutely fine!
Unit 1 is basically gcse but you learn loads of exceptions E.g at GCsE you are taught the simplified version. Chemistry is great!
Biology is good too! I personally find biology requires a lot more time!
Reply 21
Original post by SubwayLover1
Honestl, i find chemistry AS chemistry the easiest As i am doing! I have a passion for chemistry so aslong as you are interested in studying it, it is absolutely fine!
Unit 1 is basically gcse but you learn loads of exceptions E.g at GCsE you are taught the simplified version. Chemistry is great!
Biology is good too! I personally find biology requires a lot more time!

That awesome, hopefully it won't be that hard then. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pretty much just not really for History (which I will start soon). Which exam board do you do for ICT?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I done ICT last year and my exam board was AQA. I really hated ICT last year. There was so much coursework. Which examboard are you doing?
Reply 23
Original post by gcses2015
I done ICT last year and my exam board was AQA. I really hated ICT last year. There was so much coursework. Which examboard are you doing?

I'm doing Edexcel, tell me about it. It took me 1 and a half years to finish it, so happy 60% is done. And what about history (what exam board)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing Edexcel, tell me about it. It took me 1 and a half years to finish it, so happy 60% is done. And what about history (what exam board)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you get in your 60%? I am doing AQA for History and I absolutely hate it. I gave up on it long time ago. I have been trying to drop it since year 10 but they wouldn't let me. :frown: Anyway what exam board are you doing for history? Also what did you get in your mocks?
Reply 25
What did you get in your 60%? I am doing AQA for History and I absolutely hate it. I gave up on it long time ago. I have been trying to drop it since year 10 but they wouldn't let me. :frown: Anyway what exam board are you doing for history? Also what did you get in your mocks?

I got A* in the 60% (74/80). Same I would say that history's my weakest subject. I do OCR. For my mocks I got 4 A*s, 3 A's and 1 B. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got A* in the 60% (74/80). Same I would say that history's my weakest subject. I do OCR. For my mocks I got 4 A*s, 3 A's and 1 B. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's really good. Wow you done so well in your mocks! We had two mocks, one in december and one in february. The one in december I got 5 A's and 6 B's. The one in February I got 3A*'s, 4A's and 4B's. I hope I improve on that. Have you started practicing past papers?
Reply 27
That's really good. Wow you done so well in your mocks! We had two mocks, one in december and one in february. The one in december I got 5 A's and 6 B's. The one in February I got 3A*'s, 4A's and 4B's. I hope I improve on that. Have you started practicing past papers?

Well done, you've improved a lot then. :smile: Nope not yet, still learning content unfortunately, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks. :smile: Same I havent either. My tutor told me that I have to start doing past papers from the third week of April but I haven't even finished revising everything yet. :/ Do you get a study leave at your school?
Reply 29
Thanks. :smile: Same I havent either. My tutor told me that I have to start doing past papers from the third week of April but I haven't even finished revising everything yet. :/ Do you get a study leave at your school?

I wish that was possible, hopefully soon tho after I get the content in my head will need to start doing exam practice as that was the one thing I didn't do for my core science exam last year. Unfortunate not this year :frown: What about your school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wish that was possible, hopefully soon tho after I get the content in my head will need to start doing exam practice as that was the one thing I didn't do for my core science exam last year. Unfortunate not this year :frown: What about your school?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh same, we dont get a study leave either. Are you staying at your school or moving?
I personally find P3 the hardest as well and I just hate revising for it.

Simples, using you knowledge from Alpha-Beta-Gamma and Life Cycle of Stars (Nuclear fusion Nebula-> Main Sequence Star P1 and Nuclear Fission/Fusion and Becquerels P2 you can then bridge that to Quarks and Positrons and the Stability Curve and the rest of that topic.
#BridgeIt
Reply 32
Does anyone know if we have to learn the formulas? For core and additional they were given to us last year... Our teacher says we don't get them for chemistry but we do for physics? What about biology? Not sure if this is correct as she doesn't technically teach biology or physics so we were stuck with a clueless idiot for a year:frown:
Original post by panjy7
Does anyone know if we have to learn the formulas? For core and additional they were given to us last year... Our teacher says we don't get them for chemistry but we do for physics? What about biology? Not sure if this is correct as she doesn't technically teach biology or physics so we were stuck with a clueless idiot for a year:frown:

Yeah, you need to memorize the formulas for chemistry. Are there even any formulas for biology? And we are given the formulas for physics.
Reply 34
Has anyone got the paper for B3 and/or C3?
Original post by m.k.k
Has anyone got the paper for B3 and/or C3?

You'll be lucky! I've got a hard copy and that's the best you can get at the moment. If you're liked by your teacher they may give you a spare to look at but probably not take home.

Good luck for tomorrow.
Reply 36
How's physics today?
Original post by m.k.k
How's physics today?

GREAT! Much better than B3 and C3!
Hey can u tell me how u revised

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending