The Student Room Group

Do you ever get rejection letter?

I have just applied a part-time subeditor job from digital media start up. But I haven't got any feedback and I'm not sure if I'll at least receive a rejection letter. Do you think I'll get one? I don't have similar experience before. :o:o:redface:
I hate receiving rejection letters. It's even worse when companies don't even respond to your application.

Some companies take half of the CVs, and look through those. The rest go in the bin, even if some of those applicants would have had an easy shot at an interview.

But yeah, usually you can tell if they won't respond with a rejection when they say things like 'if you haven't received a response within _____ weeks, please assume your application was unsuccessful.'

Good luck!
Original post by LaughingKitsune
I hate receiving rejection letters. It's even worse when companies don't even respond to your application.

Some companies take half of the CVs, and look through those. The rest go in the bin, even if some of those applicants would have had an easy shot at an interview.

But yeah, usually you can tell if they won't respond with a rejection when they say things like 'if you haven't received a response within _____ weeks, please assume your application was unsuccessful.'

Good luck!

I prefer to get rejection letter, it's better than nothing though.

The company I apply for the job is owned by students, so I guess they wouldn't get too many applications. But yes you're right, I should assume my application was unsuccessful. I was so naive that I assumed the director was too busy and the work was overwhelming.:biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by lraul
I prefer to get rejection letter, it's better than nothing though.

The company I apply for the job is owned by students, so I guess they wouldn't get too many applications. But yes you're right, I should assume my application was unsuccessful. I was so naive that I assumed the director was too busy and the work was overwhelming.:biggrin::biggrin:

It depends on how long ago you applied for it. A couple of days or so is nothing really. I'd only start worrying if it was about 4-6 weeks ago, really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending