The Student Room Group

New (CFE) Higher PE

Does anyone have any resources which are good for the new higher PE course? I can only find the online specimen and exemplar paper and was wondering if anyone sitting the exam has got any good resources to help with revision.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Lenzie PE website is helpful: https://lenziepe.wikispaces.com/National+5+and+New+Higher

Also, there are some prep questions attached, plus some other questions and answers.

If anybody's got any other helpful stuff please share.
Reply 2
Original post by Cal98
Lenzie PE website is helpful: https://lenziepe.wikispaces.com/National+5+and+New+Higher

Also, there are some prep questions attached, plus some other questions and answers.

If anybody's got any other helpful stuff please share.

Thanks for this - if I find anymore material I'll share.
Reply 3
Hi

Can anyone help with the following two questions?

Explain two goals that you have set to develop performance in social factors. (4)

Analyse the impact of these goals could have on your performance in social factors. (4)

Thanks in advance.
Reply 4
Hi,
The Leckie&Leckie CfE Higher course notes states that Anxiety is an emotional factor, whereas a lot of the stuff online states that anxiety is a mental factor.
Do you think in the exam the SQA will accept anxiety for both the mental and emotional factors?
I think there's confusion because as far a I can tell in Nat 5 anxiety is a mental factor, but in Higher its emotional.
(Also, in the SQA exemplar marking scheme it talks about a SCAT test (for anxiety) for a question about the mental factor, whereas there is nothing about it for emotional. I'm starting to wonder if its a mistake in the book)

@ASugar Where did you find those questions?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
The questions were provide by my teacher. I'm currently on study leave. I can see me having to ask my teacher for assistance with part (a).

Regarding Anxiety - I believe it is a MENTAL factor. But you have made a valid point and got me thinking...
Reply 6
Original post by ASugar
The questions were provide by my teacher. I'm currently on study leave. I can see me having to ask my teacher for assistance with part (a).

Regarding Anxiety - I believe it is a MENTAL factor. But you have made a valid point and got me thinking...

Would you be able to upload/send those questions so I can try them?

Thanks
Reply 7
Original post by Cal98
Would you be able to upload/send those questions so I can try them?

Thanks

That was the questions. The others were from Specimen and Exemplar paper.

Still wondering if Anxiety should be EMOTIONAL
Reply 8
Original post by ASugar

Still wondering if Anxiety should be EMOTIONAL

Yeah, its confusing. I think the authors of the LeckieLeckie book have made a mistake; despite listing the SCAT test as an emotional data collection method, they go on to write that one of its benefits is "The test can be accessed easily online, allowing the performer a quick means of gathering information on mental factors".

I'm curious as to whether the SQA will award marks if someone gives an anxiety related answer to an emotional question; since a lot of people will, like myself, be using the book to study - and might not notice this.
Reply 9
Original post by Cal98
Yeah, its confusing. I think the authors of the LeckieLeckie book have made a mistake; despite listing the SCAT test as an emotional data collection method, they go on to write that one of its benefits is "The test can be accessed easily online, allowing the performer a quick means of gathering information on mental factors".

I'm curious as to whether the SQA will award marks if someone gives an anxiety related answer to an emotional question; since a lot of people will, like myself, be using the book to study - and might not notice this.

I guess a way round it is to use the word "fear" instead of anxiety. Fear is clearly classified as emotional. Just a thought :smile:)
Reply 10
Original post by ASugar
I guess a way round it is to use the word "fear" instead of anxiety. Fear is clearly classified as emotional. Just a thought :smile:)

Can you use a SCAT test to gather data on fear though?
Reply 11
Original post by Cal98
Can you use a SCAT test to gather data on fear though?

Good point :smile:
Reply 12
Hi

Other than the specimen and exemplar papers are there any other good sources of possible exam questions - ideally with model answers? I was hopeful that a book by Leckie & Leckie was going to be released today but I do not think this will happen now. Are there any sites out there that are worth a look?

Thanks
Reply 13
Original post by ASugar
Hi

Other than the specimen and exemplar papers are there any other good sources of possible exam questions - ideally with model answers? I was hopeful that a book by Leckie & Leckie was going to be released today but I do not think this will happen now. Are there any sites out there that are worth a look?

Thanks

Finding it difficult to find any as well. I have a document which goes over a lot of the course, and has three sets of sample exam questions in the last few pages, but sadly no model answers.

attached below
Reply 14
I think they will have to be more lenient with the marks since they are no model answers and there is debate over what warrants a mark in an answer.
Reply 15
Original post by Cal98
Finding it difficult to find any as well. I have a document which goes over a lot of the course, and has three sets of sample exam questions in the last few pages, but sadly no model answers.

attached below

Thanks - I will take a look.

Thanks
Reply 16
Original post by MarcArm123
I think they will have to be more lenient with the marks since they are no model answers and there is debate over what warrants a mark in an answer.

I hope you are correct. Apart from when I am on this forum I feel very much on my own with this exam. Thankfully the practical and follow-up questions went well. Hope we all do well on Monday.
Reply 17
Original post by MarcArm123

They move the grade boundaries after they have marked the exams. I think it's something like 20% get an A every year (the grade boundaries are moved to try and keep that consistent year to year). So if everyone does terrible the grade boundary for an A might drop. Have no idea how it will be marked, but as long as it is marked consistently I don't think it'll matter.
Reply 18
Hi

Found this on the internet. Hope you find it useful.
Reply 19
Hope these are useful. Again I found these on the internet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending