The Student Room Group

repetitive neck strains - PLZ HELP!!!

hey ppl. basically the prblem is that i woke up yesterday morning with a really stiff neck and i can't turn my neck to the left without pain and discomfort. i think that there are several factors contributing to this problem as its exam season in my school and i've been using the computer for long periods of time (3hours). plus, my pillow is really low and im frequently uncomfortable with it. anyway,im really confused about what to do as my muscles in the neck really ache like the sort when you sprain your wrist and it swells. well, actually my mum has noticed how the left side of my neck looks bigger! anyway i really need your help guys... on how to ease the pain and improve my condition...
hey guys. basically the problem is that yesterday i woke up with a great strain and pain in my neck muscles when i try to turn my neck to the left. also my mum has noticed great swelling which makes one side of the neck seem bigger. its the sort of pain when you sprain your wrist and when you try to turn it it hurts/ goes red.

well, i think the problem has come from the factt that its exam season and i have had to use the computer for 3 hours every night and 2 hours in school. plus my pillow is really low which causes discomfort.

well, ppl, i need your advice on how i can relieve the pain and make it better.
Reply 2
It'll be fine in a few days, you probably just slept in an uncomfortable position. Get yourself a new pillow.

For the pain, aspirin, you can also get that heat spray which you apply to painful muscles. Ask your pharmacist first.
Reply 3
I think you've knotted the muscle in your shoulder. Just stretch & massage. Deep heat! Is one of your shoulders higher then the other at rest?
Sounds to me like you've just slept the wrong way or you strained it the day befire somehow. Nothing to worry about probably, I've had this a few times and yes it is very painful. Try and do some very slow exercuses like drawing a circle with your head. If the pain doesn't do away after a few days then it's probably more serious and you should go to a chiropractor.
nope just my neck hurts...and im sure i heard my neck click when i was tossing and turning.
anymore exercises
Put your right hand over your left ear and stretch that side neck muscle and vice versa..may also help.
Congratulations... you have pulled a muscle in your neck :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending