The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Serenity
Most of the major courses can be applied to real life...

No one say that in an interview unless you want to get ripped to shreds..

Good job I'm not an interviewer. :biggrin:
To be honest, it's the modules which I feel have the biggest bearing on the economic world which I am most interested in... I think it's a defensible statement.
erm i was actually quite interested by property law/contract law after reading about them in my cousins textbooks (even though i didn't understand a lot of the terms) what are they actually like when you study the modules?
Threelions
erm i was actually quite interested by property law/contract law after reading about them in my cousins textbooks (even though i didn't understand a lot of the terms) what are they actually like when you study the modules?

I'm studying property law this year and I'm not a big fan of it to be honest, as for contract, it is combined with tort in my uni and it's not too bad, it's one of the subjects I got my highest grade in last year
Rosalily
Why is she transferring to it if it's really boring? :confused:

she was considering transferring to law and was discussing the option with a criminal justice lecturer who said that it was boring
A lot of students underperform in tort even though when you are studying it, it seems fun. I walked out of my exam grinning from ear to ear, god knows why!!!
Reply 26
Vicky88
Okay you pretty much sold it to me... and you study at Kings! Kings looks like the most amazing uni in the world and I'd LOVE to go there. So thanks so much for replying. :biggrin:

:biggrin: Your welcome!

lol..yeah...best combination: awesome course at an awesome uni!!!

According to some student statisfaction survey...Kings law students are the most satisfied students in the country. I think Kings is really popular because it has this grand yet down-to-earth feel...something you dont often find in most top law schools.
The general consensus is a dislike for property, and contract is generally regarded as the "hardest" of the standard first year modules. However, I quite liked both and got good grades in both (far better in property though cos I did crap in first year!)...
I suspect that King's College London has the best undergraduate law degree in the country. Oxford, on the other hand, has the best postgraduate law degree (the BCL)! One reason why I am so confident about the King's undergraduate degree is that former King's students are typically very good on the BCL. We would like to recruit more of them.
Wow... that, from an OXFORD professor???????? I take back all my negative comments about them :s-smilie:.
John Gardner
I suspect that King's College London has the best undergraduate law degree in the country. Oxford, on the other hand, has the best postgraduate law degree (the BCL)! One reason why I am so confident about the King's undergraduate degree is that former King's students are typically very good on the BCL. We would like to recruit more of them.

I suspect that your opinion might be tainted by the fact that you taught for several years at KCL :rolleyes:
fundamentally
I suspect that your opinion might be tainted by the fact that you taught for several years at KCL :rolleyes:

Yes, but it's got better since I left!
Lewisy-boy
Wow... that, from an OXFORD professor???????? I take back all my negative comments about them :s-smilie:.

No doubt he only said it to shut you up. :biggrin:

Anyway, Cambridge > Oxford > King's.

I say this because academically King's might be better, but let's be honest, Oxbridge = Instant pupillage. Although I do know a very good family barrister from KCL.
You are right about the job thing, an inherent oxbridge bias is rife, but I think John meant in terms of creating academics.
Reply 34
John Gardner
Yes, but it's got better since I left!

Is that a comment on your teaching ? :p:
Well, to be honest and I won't be liked for saying this, but I've caught quite a few lazy people from institutions such as Kings. I am not a Law Professor but I don't rate it because of how loud and giddy some of the people from are there.
THey're the best type of clever people - you don't know they're clever because they're loud and a good laugh, then they sit an exam and make you all go "how the hell did he get that grade!".
ohhhh, I am a bitch. I am just secretly jealous :wink:
Lewisy-boy
THey're the best type of clever people - you don't know they're clever because they're loud and a good laugh, then they sit an exam and make you all go "how the hell did he get that grade!".

Lol. I experience that quite often, but not because I'm loud and arrogant...
Reply 39
LauraWalker
Well, to be honest and I won't be liked for saying this, but I've caught quite a few lazy people from institutions such as Kings. I am not a Law Professor but I don't rate it because of how loud and giddy some of the people from are there.

I took the piss all the time in Hull, and you don't have a problem with me.

Latest

Trending

Trending