The Student Room Group

He keeps calling me a "slut"

One of my male friends keeps making derogatory comments about me, in a jokey way, but it really offends me.

I know you're probably thinking "Oh, lighten up!", but it's starting to annoy me so much.

He'll drop into conversation that I'm a "slut", a "dirty girl", "filth" etc, which is really frustrating because I'm nowhere near "slutty"! Even if I were, it's just an unacceptable way to talk to about somebody.

How can I make him understand that it's upsetting me?

Scroll to see replies

Politely ask him to stop calling you those terms, or act mildly offended and say something like, "Dude, too far."
Or, churn out a long-winded lecture on how those terms are highly derogatory to females, and that you're a female, so stahp.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Yeah, the first suggestion above. Also since he's your friend he should care that you really don't like it so maybe mention that.
tell the police. He seems desperate to get into your pants
he sounds disgusting. you don't want a 'friend' like that... if I were you I would end any contact with him
That's not a nice thing to say, not even once as a joke, and you're totally right to be upset and your 'friend' isn't wrapped up too tight.

Either confront him whenever you can or wait until the next time he says it and tell him to stop for good. If he reacts badly then just cut him out of your life - it doesn't sound like he's worth the trouble anyway.

Original post by Anonymous
One of my male friends keeps making derogatory comments about me, in a jokey way, but it really offends me.

I know you're probably thinking "Oh, lighten up!", but it's starting to annoy me so much.

He'll drop into conversation that I'm a "slut", a "dirty girl", "filth" etc, which is really frustrating because I'm nowhere near "slutty"! Even if I were, it's just an unacceptable way to talk to about somebody.

How can I make him understand that it's upsetting me?
Reply 6
Tell him it upsets you, it's quite simple really. If you are in fact a slut though then I doubt he will stop.
He's thirsty but doesn't know how to tell you.
Reply 8
People need to stop saying thirsty it's just rank tbh.

Yeah you need to put him straight, just when no one else is about say I know you're only messing about but it's kinda disgusting getting called a slut all the time, so just stop it basically...

If he continues to do it call him derogatory words in response if he kicks off say well I told you to stop calling me a slut.
Reply 9
Call him a gigolo. An eye for an eye.
(edited 9 years ago)
He probably thinks he is being funny .

?Just tell him that you don't like it.
Tell all your mates he has a small schlong
Either find some less abrasive friends or try and understand his/their unorthodox sense of humour.
Reply 13
Are you constantly wet around him/ screwing each other ? Some girls like dirty pillow talk.

Just tell him you dislike it.
I think he's joking:smile: Tell him you dislike it and he'll stop. I sometimes keep referring to girls that I've known for years as "slag" or "slut" because I think it's funny. I always had one friend who constantly called me the "c word" haha:smile:
Original post by Loafing.Charizard
Tell all your mates he has a small schlong

'Small schlong' is contradictory. Get up with your lingo.
Original post by BioStudentx
I think he's joking:smile: Tell him you dislike it and he'll stop. I sometimes keep referring to girls that I've known for years as "slag" or "slut" because I think it's funny. I always had one friend who constantly called me the "c word" haha:smile:

I find it really interesting that you find it acceptable and "funny" to call a girl a slut or slag, and yet you can't bring yourself to say the word ****. It's NOT actually funny, it's actually just a word? It's an offensive word at that. Your sense of humour is pretty lacking.

OP, I'd confront him about it. I'd probably ask what's wrong with him, but I think a more effective method would be to actually ask why he keeps calling you that, what makes him think you're a slut. If his response is "urr it's funny" like this guy, then ask him to explain, because you don't understand, what is exactly funny about it?
Either that, or you can roll with it. Sure you're a slut, you wouldn't touch him though. He sounds repulsive.
Original post by sliceofcake
I find it really interesting that you find it acceptable and "funny" to call a girl a slut or slag, and yet you can't bring yourself to say the word ****. It's NOT actually funny, it's actually just a word? It's an offensive word at that. Your sense of humour is pretty lacking.

OP, I'd confront him about it. I'd probably ask what's wrong with him, but I think a more effective method would be to actually ask why he keeps calling you that, what makes him think you're a slut. If his response is "urr it's funny" like this guy, then ask him to explain, because you don't understand, what is exactly funny about it?
Either that, or you can roll with it. Sure you're a slut, you wouldn't touch him though. He sounds repulsive.

Calm down darling. Didn't mean to offend.
Slap him with a double end dildo?

Seriously. Just tell him it 'deeply offended' me
Original post by BioStudentx
Calm down darling. Didn't mean to offend.

Ah, of course that means it's acceptable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending