The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yay I am I just got the letter this morning!! I'm really nervous about it though because I really want to get in.
Reply 2
Yep me too. Do you know what you are doing for your monologue yet?
I'm really stuck on whether or not I should do a comedy piece or something more serious! This is definitely the uni that I want to go to so I want to do my best. What about u have u decided yet?
Reply 4
I have a good idea of what I will do yes. A comedy piece?? WOW That would be brave. Do you have much experience? (Just so I know the level of competition!!!!:wink: )
I have been performing most of my life, but I'm more of a singer and dancer than anything, even though I love acting. I'm sure the competition will be quite high because its a good course but I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can.
Reply 6
May I ask how old you are? If I go by your username you are doing awfully well for your age!!!! Are you studying A Levels or perhaps a mature student?
I've recently finished my A levels and i've just turned 19. I'm on a gap year at the moment saving up mostly. How about yourself?
Reply 8
Im a little older (mind you I feel very old compared with most applicants)!! Did you do Performing Arts @ A Level?
Yes I have a double A level in performing arts that I loved studying from start to finish.
Reply 10
come on then... what did you get??? What grades???? Tell the truth :smile:
I'm very proud of my grades I got AA in performing arts. I literally had to stop living to get those grades but it was definitely worth it.
Reply 12
ditto. Which gives me a good idea of your talent. Which means the competition will be high. Which is bad in terms of likelyhood of getting in but if it we are lucky enough to be offered a place it will be a pleasure to work with talented people.
Thanks for that, I would never think of myself as being talented! I'm also really worried about the competition at the audition but i'll just have to be myself and see what happens. I hope we both get through!:redface:
if it makes ya feel any better, i got my bath spa performing arts audition on Jan 4th lol...and compared to u two, i dont have anything on my side!!! (i am only predicted a B in theatre studies, but still hope to get an A, i'm still at skl, and am 18 lol) I didnt realise the competition would be this high for bath spa, thought it was quite a small uni! ooooops! oh well!

Have u decided ur monologues yet?
Try not to think about the competition and just try your best! I'm sure you're great at what you do. I've also applied to oxford brookes to do performing arts and have a conditional offer there as well!! I'm still deciding on my monologue, I'm really worried!
coooooooool - I really like Oxford Brookes course, what r u going to do performing arts with there? I'll try not to think of the competition lol. I chose my monologue last week, doing one of Daisy's from 'Close of Play,' which i'm a bit worried about as i dont know it yet, and i cant get it quite right, but i'm sure it'll come in time!!! What do u think the other workshops will be like?
At oxford brookes I would like to study performing arts with film studies. I really hope the workshops will be fun and a learning experience. Its not like we're applying to RADA so hopefully it won't be too strict and we can all enjoy ourselves. :smile:
coool at brookes i am doing performing arts with arts management and administration. i hope it will be fun, shud be, drama normally is!!!
Reply 19
Hello

Getting nervous yet???? I wish you both the best of luck and I really hope you end up where you want to be. Have you both returned your blue files? I have just re-read the letter from Ms P which tells us to return ASAP and yet I received an email from her telling me to take it on the day.... I am a little confused. :confused: Anyway I look forward to you (Lauren) wowing me with your talent next Friday.

Latest

Trending

Trending