The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Where are Imperial medics usually studying after first year?

I'm looking to buy/rent accommodation (e.g a studio or 1 bed flat) after first year. Which area would be a good area to live in which would be close enough to the campus'/hospitals/areas I usually need to commute to?
This really depends (final year here).

Anywhere a studio is going to be expensive, if you have the money great but most people get by by being in flat shares which is far cheaper, normally with other medics/imperial students.

In terms of where. For 2nd year you are based mainly at charing cross hospital but also South ken. Well was when I did it. This means most people live around charing cross so hammersmith/fulham and a few in shapers bush. Most seem to stay there. I moved further out to acton for the last 3 years because it was cheaper and not that much further from central timewise (if you pick somewhere with good tube links). Plus nearer to the further out hospitals!
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by crazylemon
This really depends (final year here).

Anywhere a studio is going to be expensive, if you have the money great but most people get by by being in flat shares which is far cheaper, normally with other medics/imperial students.

In terms of where. For 2nd year you are based mainly at charing cross hospital but also South ken. Well was when I did it. This means most people live around charing cross so hammersmith/fulham and a few in shapers bush. Most seem to stay there. I moved further out to acton for the last 3 years because it was cheaper and not that much further from central timewise (if you pick somewhere with good tube links). Plus nearer to the further out hospitals!

Thanks so much for the advice!
Probably a dumb question but is it the same for 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th year? (I'm looking for something more long-term for the 5 other years).
Also in light of campus', do medics only stay in the south Kensington campus or is there another campus too?
Original post by Dry humour
Thanks so much for the advice!
Probably a dumb question but is it the same for 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th year? (I'm looking for something more long-term for the 5 other years).
Also in light of campus', do medics only stay in the south Kensington campus or is there another campus too?

No it isn't the same.

3rd Year you have hospital placements. These will be at various hospitals in NW london and and be at their most far out St Peters Hospital and Hillingdon hospital. I would google where these are. It is not possible to be conveniently located for ALL the hospitals. You have to compromise.

4th Year is in various places depending on what you end up doing Bscwise. This can mean being based either at, South ken, Charing cross hospital, Hammersmith hospital Campus, St Mary's hospital.

5th and 6th Year are much the same as 3rd year in terms of being spread out.

1st Year medics also spend time at Charing cross hospital, but less than 2nd years (and more time at south ken)

Quick Reply

Latest