The Student Room Group

Senior Physics Challenge 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by James000
I'm sure it was 2dp if the answer was not an integer?

I recall that too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by jpetersgill

Dw I'm sure they won't take more than a mark off overall

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long were everyone's section on why they wanted to do the course? I'm really worried mine's too short. I only wrote a short paragraph in fear of making it too much like a UCAS statement
Reply 44
Original post by loveoflogic
How long were everyone's section on why they wanted to do the course? I'm really worried mine's too short. I only wrote a short paragraph in fear of making it too much like a UCAS statement

Mine was also really short (Like a couple sentences), as I didn't realise that was the part where I needed to show my enthusiasm. I expected there to be a later section to do this, when I submitted the form I realised that was that part. :frown:
Who got on? I got invited to do a weekend of "mechanics, quantum mechanics and diffraction physics" in September ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got on, I got an email last night! :biggrin:
Original post by Josh Hoffmann

Same! SO SO HAPPY!!
Reply 48

Original post by ¡Muy bien!
Same! SO SO HAPPY!!

I got a place too! Really looking forward to it :ahee:

Quantum mechanics may have to wait until after exams though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
I got a place too! Really looking forward to it :ahee:

Quantum mechanics may have to wait until after exams though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello there! Was so happy when I got the email :colondollar:
I wish we had some sort of a stalking page but there are too few people on this thing I guess..
What are you doing for A level?
Reply 50
Original post by ¡Muy bien!
Hello there! Was so happy when I got the email :colondollar:
I wish we had some sort of a stalking page but there are too few people on this thing I guess..
What are you doing for A level?

Maths, FM, Physics, Economics and glorious General Studies :ahee: you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
Maths, FM, Physics, Economics and glorious General Studies :ahee: you?

Maths, further, physics and Spanish. What boards are u on? I'm on mei for maths and aqa for physics.
Reply 52
I got on!!

:bl::bban::banana::banana2::evilbanana:

If we're exchanging A levels, then Maths, FM, Physics, Chem, Bio :smile:
Original post by lerjj
I got on!!

I got a place!! So excited, I'm doing Maths, FM, Physics, Chem. How much reading have you all done around the quantum?
Reply 54
I got a place too! Can't wait! im doing Physics, Maths, Chemistry and Computing :smile: and apart from the Quantum Physics stuff in my second physics exam and just a bit of general interest reading ive done in the past I havent done any reading around for the SPC. Ill do that after AS exams :smile:
Reply 55
I received a place as well!
AS levels: Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Economics, Business.
Look forward to seeing you all there!!!
Good luck with your exams.
Reply 56
I got a place too!! Dead chuffed ☺️ My A Levels are Maths, FMaths, Physics Chemistry, Spanish. Look forward to seeing you guys there - and good luck for the impending exams
Original post by Blade99
I got a place too!! Dead chuffed ☺️������ My A Levels are Maths, FMaths, Physics Chemistry, Spanish. Look forward to seeing you guys there - and good luck for the impending exams ������

Original post by Ozark
I received a place as well!
AS levels: Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Economics, Business.
Look forward to seeing you all there!!!
Good luck with your exams.

Original post by jfield
I got a place too! Can't wait! im doing Physics, Maths, Chemistry and Computing :smile: and apart from the Quantum Physics stuff in my second physics exam and just a bit of general interest reading ive done in the past I havent done any reading around for the SPC. Ill do that after AS exams :smile:

Original post by lerjj
I got on!!

Original post by hlyon200
I got a place!! So excited, I'm doing Maths, FM, Physics, Chem. How much reading have you all done around the quantum?

Sorry if I tagged any of you more than once. What's everyone doing with regards to the clash with the Oxford open days? Are you just going to visit the university on a separate occasion?
Reply 58
Original post by _SnowyLinenLand
Sorry if I tagged any of you more than once. What's everyone doing with regards to the clash with the Oxford open days? Are you just going to visit the university on a separate occasion?

I'm just not gonna go to Oxford's open day, if I decide later on that I want to go look round I'll probably just email them and ask if I can come up and look some other time:smile: plus I went on the Oxford pathways physics study day so I've already seen some of the university:smile:
Reply 59
Original post by _SnowyLinenLand

Yeah, having visited informally by myself - I think it's honestly just as insightful as visiting during an Open Day. Besides that, I think there's another open day in like September (???) (I may well be misinformed) - nope just checked Friday 18th September. Although granted, it is pretty late. :s-smilie: Check if you can get the 2016 prospectus online, if not I can bring it with me on the 28th :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest