The Student Room Group

dont understand this

lately my friend has started annoying me. everything she says and does annoys me. she puts me down and critizises me. i go all the way to her house. but she cant be be bothered to come to mine. i give her advice when she asks for it. but when i ask for it all she says it 'dont worry' 'just leave it' or rolls her eyes. i reply to her texts instantly if shes upset. but if im upset and text her, she doesnt bother replying.
as a result i dont bother telling her how im feeling. and when my other friends are talking about it (i ask them instead) infront of her i tell them to shut up cos i dont want my friend knowing cos ill know shell only make me feel even worse.
im thinking shes jelous of me, cos ive noticed her giving me loads of compliments and getting really jelous when my friends say good things about me. she also copys my fashion sense. and when i changed my voice to being more well spoken, she gave me a jelous look and changed her voice too...
and now shes being horrible and critisizes me.

what do i do? shes just gone all nasty...
i'd try to change her, but maybe jokingly whine at her, come to my house this time, we always go to ures.

try asking for advice one last timoe, but ask direct questions to see if she's maybe just crap/unsure about giivng advice or if she doenst care.

if she annoys u so much, maybe u shoul give each ohter a break for a while? there's no point hanging round ppl who don't make u happy.

xxxx
Reply 2
does it sound like shes jealous of me?
have you just recently become friends with her ?

some people get too comfortable very quickly..

id say.. dump her !
Anonymous
and when i changed my voice to being more well spoken

That's a bit weird...
Reply 5
I'd say dump her as well. If she's irritating you so much it's not good to be around her.
yeah it sounds liek she is jealous of u, if she starts copying u and wanting to be u. don't be horrible to her tho...
Reply 7
I have a 'friend' like this - these people are toxic and should be avoided. Jealousy is a big indicator, they also self inflict low self esteem hence nastiness towards others.
Reply 8
:frown: Yeah dump me.

I didn't know you felt like that and of course I wasn't jealous:eek:
Reply 9
eh dump you? what are you on about?
Reply 10
Anonymous
eh dump you? what are you on about?

This is such a similar situation in which my friend has changed her attitude towards me.

I had a feeling she's awkward with me.:s-smilie: She's changed too and has also started annoying me more.

Ooo well. Sorry to ruin your thread:p:
yeh, couple of things...

why did you change your voice to become more well spoken?

sounds to me like petty schoolgirl bitching, correct me if i'm wrong...
Reply 12
Anonymous
lately my friend has started annoying me. everything she says and does annoys me. she puts me down and critizises me. i go all the way to her house. but she cant be be bothered to come to mine. i give her advice when she asks for it. but when i ask for it all she says it 'dont worry' 'just leave it' or rolls her eyes. i reply to her texts instantly if shes upset. but if im upset and text her, she doesnt bother replying.
as a result i dont bother telling her how im feeling. and when my other friends are talking about it (i ask them instead) infront of her i tell them to shut up cos i dont want my friend knowing cos ill know shell only make me feel even worse.
im thinking shes jelous of me, cos ive noticed her giving me loads of compliments and getting really jelous when my friends say good things about me. she also copys my fashion sense. and when i changed my voice to being more well spoken, she gave me a jelous look and changed her voice too...
and now shes being horrible and critisizes me.

what do i do? shes just gone all nasty...

Btw... Why did you change your voice to being well spoken;be yourself round friends :confused: And she changes her voice too? Maybe she's trying to catch up with the change in voice...

Why don't you talk like a robot and see if she copies :biggrin:

As for her giving you advices, what sort of questions do you ask?

If it's like 'OMG did you see that boy look at my legs, he fancies me doesn't he?!' then I can see why she would get fed up...

If you want her to come to yours, you should tell her how you feel and ask her why she's acting like this. Maybe she's abit moody due to lots of work, unis...etc?

In what way does she copy your fashion sense? Maybe she likes that style; you could take it as a compliment. If she copies full clothes, then have a word with her.

we can't really guess if she jealous with you, she might not be and it could be something else on her mind.:p:
It's not that weird to want to be more well-spoken lol! Gives a better impression at job interviews and things, if nothing else :p:
Well you could talk to her face to face and tell her how upset you are with her but if that don't work then just ignore her, she's not worth the tears.
Reply 15
I think perhaps shes not jealous of you personally, but jealous of the lack of attention sometimes???
This would make sense when you say she texts you about her problems but dont bother replying to your problems, and that she might not like it when others say nice things about you.
As for her copying your voice, did you both speak alike before?? and if so were you 2 of very few in your group to talk like it.
If yes then perhaps she sees it as "Oh shes suddenly changed her voice, perhaps are way of talking isn't good enough for her"
A strange idea but could be true.
Have a chat with her thoe see what happens.

Latest

Trending

Trending