The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I made a lot of research in
finding a chatroom for my website. I used envolve for a
while till they closed up, pitty. I tried IRC but I truly did not like
the look and feel and the “mess” of text in there.
I had several points which are important to me.
First I needed a chat that can be seen in mobile (all versions) so I
narrowed down the search for html5 chat room that look good on both
mobile and pc.
2 I needed a custom design, I needed my background to be black or transparent. This was very hard to find (my site is dark).
3 I do not like to install the chat in my server as this is high cpu and resource consumer. So I need a chat service.
4 Lastly, I needed the ability to add youtube videos and upload files.
I have checked several chats and only 2 met my needs, RumbleTalk and Cbox.
I choose RumbleTalk finally as it can be integrated into my page and not only as toolbar.
Kathy, Chatwing takes the cake. 1st of all chatwing is free for unlimited usage while all other services cost a lot of money every month!(i've tried both of your services above plus many others) Also chatwing has tons of customizations options like even upload your own emojis(my users dig this a ton!) Plus chatwing has mobile apps so you can keep track of your room in real-time and get alerts when users are chatting or sending you a private message.
Actually i received a monthly newsletter about new features and they provied a support contact phone number in that, i originally learned about chatwing from using it on MTV.com website so i assume it is very credible because of that. However i did take your suggestion and emailed them a question about the service in general and they replied within a hour, so with that i am quite impressed so far.
guys I would like to update you again. If you’re looking chat room for your website then chatwing is ever best no doubt. I have used so many chat applications for my site but no effects. But chatwing has drive me a lot to extend and grow my personal business. Also chatwing has many more features. There has an opportunity for iPhone/iPad users too. I’m sure that you’ll not be disappointed using chatwing chat app.
Reply 5
I saw you spamming quite a bit, racerboy. I tried it and it is not a good one.
Reply 6
The best html chat for me is still rumbletalk. Nothing comes close to it!
Reply 7
Thanks all! if you need help or any questions about it then you can ask me. I became quite an expert in Rumbletalk now.
Reply 8
Hey there, just wanted to let you all know that Rumbletalk offers a free trial now! More info here: Rumbletalk free trial!
Why pay for a chat?
Just use Chatwing it is free for unlimited usage.

Chatwing also has many more features than these other services including both iOS+Android apps. Enjoy!
Free Chat Room Software
2 chats.png
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by RacerBoy
Kathy, Chatwing takes the cake. 1st of all chatwing is free for unlimited usage while all other services cost a lot of money every month!(i've tried both of your services above plus many others) Also chatwing has tons of customizations options like even upload your own emojis(my users dig this a ton!) Plus chatwing has mobile apps so you can keep track of your room in real-time and get alerts when users are chatting or sending you a private message.

Totally agree about Chatwing
Reply 11
Rumbletalk has a free trial now, try it and you will see that it is an amazing app!

Why I like it?

1. I am able to post youtube videos, charts, pictures and it all looks nice
2. I am able to manage my own design just as much as I would like
3. I have the ability to export the chat logs(increase SEO with this)
4. I can use it on my blog, webpage and facebook page at the same time and it is synchronizing really well
5. Works really well on phones
6. It is html5 based and it is not a resourse hog
7. Nice support(got help when I needed it)

Check all of the features or try the demo chat on their page.Let me know what you think!
Reply 12
Newdesign.png

Attachment not found
Reply 13
Thanks for sharing this, Kathylum. I like that I am able to manage just about anything with Rumbletalk. Backround, text style, wight, height, I use it as a floating chat but it is possible to use as a window chat if you prefer.
You can try Chatwing https://www.chatwing.com
Reply 15
I personally tested Chatwing as well but I didn't like it much. It was a slow app and it lack a design options. My webpage was quite slow with it as well. But Rumbletalk on the other side, worked perfectly and it still does. I like it a lot.
shhhhh

Latest

Trending

Trending