The Student Room Group

THE OFFICIAL iGCSE THREAD 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BEARichards
I'm not sure, I think you'd be better off just writing them in the answer booklet on the first page :smile:

Thanks! :biggrin:
Original post by luceebecca
Snap!. One after the other :-(. I have Maths tomorrow, my worst one :/.

Yeah, it's so annoying :frown: I can't decide whether Maths or Science is my worst but I don't like either of them :biggrin: Good luck with your Maths tomorrow!
Original post by Purple-Pixie
Yeah, it's so annoying :frown: I can't decide whether Maths or Science is my worst but I don't like either of them :biggrin: Good luck with your Maths tomorrow!

Thank you!. Do you have any exams tomorrow?
I found some of it quite hard. Especially the Chemistry!. Some bits of the Biology too, what about you?.

What board is this?
Original post by StressedByDay
What board is this?

I'm doing CIE papers.
Thank you!. Do you have any exams tomorrow?

That's fine :smile: No I don't, my next one is R.S on Monday
Reply 226
Hey guys, anyone do the CIE iGCSE French writing and listening papers today?
How did you find them?

I found the listening harder than usual
But writing was pretty good for me :tongue:
Did you manage to use at least 18 verbs?!:wink:
Reply 227
Original post by ellie98
How did you find them?

I've done all the Listening papers since June '09 and that was exceptionally difficult. I know I lost at least 2 marks (did not choose the coat on the impermeable (excuse the spelling and accents) question and spelt 'bois' (wood) as 'boîte' (God knows why I related a bottle to a mountain) which will most likely get no marks - unless they are ridiculously generous with their misspellings/spelling out what you hear section). I would be happy with 42+ on that probably.

With the writing, I did task 2. Worried about how the 10 content marks will be divided up as my past tense points were much longer than my others. By my calculations, I got 23 verbs in across 5 tenses and 1 subjunctive. If there aren't any huge errors (I know I used the past tense with 'depuis' at one point) it should be fine.

I'm hoping for a nice reading paper to get high above the 340 required for a safe A*. Good luck on Monday!
Reply 228
Original post by Caseadd
I've done all the Listening papers since June '09 and that was exceptionally difficult. I know I lost at least 2 marks (did not choose the coat on the impermeable (excuse the spelling and accents) question and spelt 'bois' (wood) as 'boîte' (God knows why I related a bottle to a mountain) which will most likely get no marks - unless they are ridiculously generous with their misspellings/spelling out what you hear section). I would be happy with 42+ on that probably.

With the writing, I did task 2. Worried about how the 10 content marks will be divided up as my past tense points were much longer than my others. By my calculations, I got 23 verbs in across 5 tenses and 1 subjunctive. If there aren't any huge errors (I know I used the past tense with 'depuis' at one point) it should be fine.

I'm hoping for a nice reading paper to get high above the 340 required for a safe A*. Good luck on Monday!

Yes I completely freaked out on the soap question and ticked 'towels'.... Hahaha... Should have gone with the 's' sound and ticked soap as a guess..all well.. I definitely made a few more errors.. Didn't quite catch how the mother reacted in the last page either. All well, hopefully the writing will bring me up! I wrote task 2 aswell, was a great question I thought, quite easy to get a wide range of vocab & verbs in.

Me too, an easy reading paper will rest my mind a bit. Bonne chance!
Reply 229
Original post by ellie98
Yes I completely freaked out on the soap question and ticked 'towels'.... Hahaha... Should have gone with the 's' sound and ticked soap as a guess..all well.. I definitely made a few more errors.. Didn't quite catch how the mother reacted in the last page either. All well, hopefully the writing will bring me up! I wrote task 2 aswell, was a great question I thought, quite easy to get a wide range of vocab & verbs in.

Me too, an easy reading paper will rest my mind a bit. Bonne chance!

I guessed Savon as soap; looking back, I put the reaction as something to do with anxiété, most likely got that wrong.
Original post by ellie98
How did you find them?

yeah i found the listening extremely difficult but i was so frustrated after the listening that i didnt do as well as i could have on the writing :/
did anyone do physics and biology paper 6? how did you find it? XD
Reply 232
Original post by tasty_hobbitsess
did anyone do physics and biology paper 6? how did you find it? XD

Physics: alright, nothing unusual really
Biology: very easy, no food tests or graphs! It was only 2 20-mark questions
Original post by nox1
Physics: alright, nothing unusual really
Biology: very easy, no food tests or graphs! It was only 2 20-mark questions

really? i was actually looking forward to the tests and graphs, thats where to get most marks :biggrin:D agree with physics though)
Is anyone doing their IGCSE Geography skills paper tommorow? How do you think it will go?
Original post by Caseadd
I guessed Savon as soap; looking back, I put the reaction as something to do with anxiété, most likely got that wrong.

the mothers reaction was somethig like inquiete but for some reason i wrote manquiete haha
Reply 236
Hi I was wondering if someone could help me out with english paper 3 tomorrow.
For question 1 you need to write a persuasive letter, evaluating the writer's point and then stating you own.
This is based on a passage that you must read before hand. My problem is what do I do when in the article 10 arguments come up, which ones do I take. What do I talk about. I can't name all arguments and fit it in the word count? And I have to state my opinions as well. I'm kinda lost here. If some could help it would be great
Original post by whovian123
the mothers reaction was somethig like inquiete but for some reason i wrote manquiete haha

Yes, I got inquiet as well :wink:
Reply 238
Original post by tasty_hobbitsess
really? i was actually looking forward to the tests and graphs, thats where to get most marks :biggrin:D agree with physics though)

Yeah I wish food tests had come up, it just didn't read like that hah:tongue:
What did people get for the true or false section of the cie french listening paper?

Quick Reply

Latest