The Student Room Group

THE OFFICIAL iGCSE THREAD 2015

Scroll to see replies

guys i need help for english and math igcse exam
the igcse paper for maths was actually relatively easy
Reply 442
Original post by hogree
Don't know about your region but rumour has it that the one here in England was insanely hard. That's what I heard anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah heard that too! just praying for low grade boundaries haha
Original post by techfan42
the igcse paper for maths was actually relatively easy

did you do the edexcel one? because most of my class found it really hard
Anybody has ideas on what could come extract from the book could come in Edexcel IGCSE English Language A Paper 1?

And yeah, Maths was too hard. Just check twitter with #igcsemaths
Original post by Faith4Infinity
Anybody has ideas on what could come extract from the book could come in Edexcel IGCSE English Language A Paper 1?

And yeah, Maths was too hard. Just check twitter with #igcsemaths

Did actually just have a check on remaining texts since the new igcse came out. Seems like the four A texts are A Passage, Touching the Void, Climate Change, Greenpeace.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hogree
Did actually just have a check on remaining texts since the new igcse came out. Seems like the four A texts are A Passage, Touching the Void, Climate Change, Greenpeace.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh thank you.
Can I have the link to the new igcse please, if you have it?
If not, just the Greenpeace part please?
Original post by hogree

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, and will the new gcse be applied to all students, as in others appearing from foreign countries?
does anyone know the predictions coming on next math's paper???
Oh thank you.
Can I have the link to the new igcse please, if you have it?
If not, just the Greenpeace part please?

Oh, and will the new gcse be applied to all students, as in others appearing from foreign countries?

This explains the recent changes in the iGCSE English. http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/International%20GCSE/English%20Language%20A/2011/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/English_Language_A_Changes_Explained1.pdf

Greenpeace is available in the Anthology.
http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/International%20GCSE/English%20Language%20A/2011/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/UG026701%20International%20GCSE%20Anthology%20-%20English%20Lang%20(spec%20A)%20English%20Lit%20Issue%202%20for%20web_040413.pdf

As for your second question, yes. For foreign students, as far as I know, it's exactly the same - otherwise I guess it would mention somewhere that it's different. Read through the Specification for all the details.
Original post by hogree
this explains the recent changes in the igcse english. http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/international%20gcse/english%20language%20a/2011/specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/english_language_a_changes_explained1.pdf

greenpeace is available in the anthology.
http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/international%20gcse/english%20language%20a/2011/specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/ug026701%20international%20gcse%20anthology%20-%20english%20lang%20(spec%20a)%20english%20lit%20issue%202%20for%20web_040413.pdf

as for your second question, yes. For foreign students, as far as i know, it's exactly the same - otherwise i guess it would mention somewhere that it's different. Read through the specification for all the details.

thank you so much!!!
Anyone Edexcel Historians or English Language iGCSE people care to share past papers for June 2014 to feed off each other?
Anyone doing IGCSE English Language Spec B?
Guys if you did cie Igcse biology chemistry and physics how did it go for you and predictions for grade boundaries this year??
Original post by Sophiepeeee
What igcse's do you do?
I do design and technology, business, English lit, English Lang and french
They're all the CIE exam board x

How is everyone finding CIE DT? Does anyone know the grade boundaries?
Reply 455
Original post by gracehk
did anybody do the regional paper (asia timezone) of igcse edexcel maths yesterday? thought it was so hard!!!!!

oh my god yes!!! the 3HR paper was sO HARD :'( I'm hoping 4HR would be easier and low grade boundaries
Original post by DaKoolguy
Guys if you did cie Igcse biology chemistry and physics how did it go for you and predictions for grade boundaries this year??

Physics was brutal
Original post by Manny_khalae
Physics was brutal

Nice dp (y) (Just from the heart) :biggrin:
Original post by stepholmes
Oh how did you find the English Lit exam? The poem was a bit :s-smilie:

I agree 😟
How did people find the Edexcel English Lang today? :L

Quick Reply

Latest