The Student Room Group

LSE vs DURHAM vs KINGS COLLEGE ?

Hello everyone~

I would like to know which of the following universities is the best for international security studies

LsE
King's College
Durham

If you had to choose, which one would you?

Thanks
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by paksarang
Hello everyone~

I would like to know which of the following universities is the best for international security studies

LsE
King's College
Durham

If you had to choose, which one would you?

Thanks

I wud choose LSE.
For international security, especially if you would be under the War Studies dept, King's has definitely the higher reputation and top-notch faculty. Durham is also very good IR, and LSE as well. Surely LSE is much more well known and with higher reputation outside the UK, so that is also a factor you need to consider. Then much depends on the modules offered, the location you like, financial considerations....
Reply 3
Original post by polscistudent88
For international security, especially if you would be under the War Studies dept, King's has definitely the higher reputation and top-notch faculty. Durham is also very good IR, and LSE as well. Surely LSE is much more well known and with higher reputation outside the UK, so that is also a factor you need to consider. Then much depends on the modules offered, the location you like, financial considerations....
Can you tell me if IR is good in Bristol?
Bristol is an extremely good university, so my guess is that the course is good. In political science in general is not a top 10 university, but I repeat, certainly very good (and with a very good reputation among employers as far as I know).
If I had to choose I would probably pick LSE, followed by King's then Durham.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending