The Student Room Group

'Natural flirt' but also friend zone every guy...

Basically, all my friends always crack jokes about how I have boy friends, but never and boyfriends because I apparently always 'lead them on' and then friend zone them.

However, what I call being nice other people call flirting. I am certainly not one to sext or anything, however I pay compliments quite casually and chat a lot to guys, I'm always happy to meet up and talk and I can be quite touchy feely (not in a weird sexual harassment way). However, apparently people get the wrong impression therefore get offended when I say I'd just prefer to be friends instead of 'hooking up'.

I'm sorry but surely it's better if I clarify that before anything happens? I don't really see the point in hooking up with someone I don't have further intentions with... however, I do like having friends, hence the friend zoning.

Your advice might be to just stop being so touchy feely and paying compliments etc etc, however it's just a natural thing! It just subconsciously happens, if I think someone looks good I'll tell them... if I snuggle up, I do... it's just naturally in my personality!

Anyone else have this problem? If so, what did you do?

I'm not even sure if this counts as a problem... hmmm
You like making friends but some people just don't understand that getting your trust is not the same as getting the right to F you
Meh it's their problem not yours.
Reply 3
Its only a problem if it turns angsty regularly. If not don't worry, If yes perhaps a need to adapt a bit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending