The Student Room Group

Sketch House LCF accommodation

Just wondering, is anyone thinking of studying at LCF and maybe staying at the new Sketch House accommodation in Finsbury Park?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm thinking of staying there but I have seen what the rooms look like. Going to wait for the pictures to be posted first. What course are you going to study?
Original post by Emilycao
I'm thinking of staying there but I have seen what the rooms look like. Going to wait for the pictures to be posted first. What course are you going to study?

Yeah I hadn't seen any pictures till today on the Sketch House UAL Facebook page!
I'm thinking of doing Fashion Marketing in the High Holborn building wbu?
Reply 3
Original post by sophie.tsang
Yeah I hadn't seen any pictures till today on the Sketch House UAL Facebook page!
I'm thinking of doing Fashion Marketing in the High Holborn building wbu?

Fashion buying and merchandising in high Holborn too :smile:
Fashion buying and merchandising in high Holborn too :smile:

If you were going to stay in Sketch House, would you stay in a normal room with a shared kitchen etc or get a studio room?
Reply 5
If you were going to stay in Sketch House, would you stay in a normal room with a shared kitchen etc or get a studio room?

I think a normal room with shared kitchen because I want to meet new people. What about you?
I think a normal room with shared kitchen because I want to meet new people. What about you?

Yeah I think I would get a normal room too!
Just wondering, is anyone thinking of studying at LCF and maybe staying at the new Sketch House accommodation in Finsbury Park?

Hi!
Im gonna be studying fashion marketing at High Holborn too :smile:
Ive been thinking about Sketch House, but I've never been to London before and from what I've read online it doesn't seem to be the safest area. Just wondering if you know that area and what you think about it?
Reply 8
Original post by faith.fleur
Hi!
Im gonna be studying fashion marketing at High Holborn too :smile:
Ive been thinking about Sketch House, but I've never been to London before and from what I've read online it doesn't seem to be the safest area. Just wondering if you know that area and what you think about it?

Yeah I've read about something like that too but the tube station is right by the accommodation. Plus it's the only one I can find that's closest to the Holborn building and also the rent prices are reasonable

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I've read about something like that too but the tube station is right by the accommodation. Plus it's the only one I can find that's closest to the Holborn building and also the rent prices are reasonable

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been to London quite a few times, but not really Finsbury Park. My sister lives in London though, and she said that the area isn't the best place, but it's not too bad either!
I've been to London quite a few times, but not really Finsbury Park. My sister lives in London though, and she said that the area isn't the best place, but it's not too bad either!

Just asked my sister, and she said it's kind of like a less touristy version of Camden if you've ever heard of/been there, and a bit "gothicy" haha
Just asked my sister, and she said it's kind of like a less touristy version of Camden if you've ever heard of/been there, and a bit "gothicy" haha

Yeah, I have heard of Camden :smile: I'm sure it's fine as long as you don't make yourself a target by doing things like walking around really late at night, but that's for everywhere I guess.
Btw if you do end up doing fashion marketing, hit me up! It would be nice to know a couple people before starting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also, would you guys sign up for the 42 week or 51 week tenancy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think 42 weeks since i won't be staying in London during summer
Yeah, I have heard of Camden :smile: I'm sure it's fine as long as you don't make yourself a target by doing things like walking around really late at night, but that's for everywhere I guess.
Btw if you do end up doing fashion marketing, hit me up! It would be nice to know a couple people before starting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah! Plus we should hopefully have friends who we can be around, so we won't be alone haha!
Yeah hopefully if I get in, and if so I'll let you know!! Do you find out at the end of summer if you've got in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll probably be staying for 42 weeks as well but I'm not too sure!
Yeah! Plus we should hopefully have friends who we can be around, so we won't be alone haha!
Yeah hopefully if I get in, and if so I'll let you know!! Do you find out at the end of summer if you've got in?

Exactly! Haha plus I think it's near a whole bunch of shops and a theatre so I'm sure it will be busy. Just wondering, what time do shops close in England? Yay! Sounds good :smile: and sorry I'm not 100% sure because I'm an international student so I found out the day of my interview! But I do know that there are still others waiting for fashion marketing too, so I'm sure it will be soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exactly! Haha plus I think it's near a whole bunch of shops and a theatre so I'm sure it will be busy. Just wondering, what time do shops close in England? Yay! Sounds good :smile: and sorry I'm not 100% sure because I'm an international student so I found out the day of my interview! But I do know that there are still others waiting for fashion marketing too, so I'm sure it will be soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not too sure, bc where I live, shops shut a bit earlier than they do in London. I feel like they shut at about 8? Maybe a bit later on weekends? I could be totally wrong though! Aw that's so good, I have to wait until August to get my A Level results to see if I've got in, and if I don't get the grades, I can't go, which is scary! My exams are in May/June this year so I'm studying for them now!
I'm not too sure, bc where I live, shops shut a bit earlier than they do in London. I feel like they shut at about 8? Maybe a bit later on weekends? I could be totally wrong though! Aw that's so good, I have to wait until August to get my A Level results to see if I've got in, and if I don't get the grades, I can't go, which is scary! My exams are in May/June this year so I'm studying for them now!

That's so late, it's awesome! Hopefully it is around then so the area is still lively. Good luck to you then, I really hope you get in, which I'm sure you will! And btw someone just sent me a ton of pics of the sketch house showroom, and the closet is ridiculous big for a student room, so keep that as an incentive haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's so late, it's awesome! Hopefully it is around then so the area is still lively. Good luck to you then, I really hope you get in, which I'm sure you will! And btw someone just sent me a ton of pics of the sketch house showroom, and the closet is ridiculous big for a student room, so keep that as an incentive haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I really hope I get in, especially since I don't have an insurance offer, because LCF has offered me the lowest grades out of my 5 choices! So if I don't get in to LCF, I basically can't go to uni haha. Ah really that's so good, I need big closet space haha! Were the rooms nice? The pictures I've seen weren't the best quality!

Quick Reply