The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Reasoner
I was reading an article from a blogger who deals with relationships and people in marriages. It's common knowledge that women marry men they're not sexually attracted to but rather beta

Laughed at you, shook my head and stopped reading there.
Original post by Eien
Personally I see myself as monogamous for now, mainly because I had no long term romantic relationships for a very long time until now, but I know plenty of people who do not, and do not want to be in such a conventional relationship.

I don't think men should be convinced out of monogamy, but should be (along with women for that matter) open to all the different options out there and make the best decision for themselves. It may even change over time for some.

Even if we argue that men (or males in general, considering animals) are 'programmed' to spread their seed as far as possible, there is also the counter argument that humans have advanced minds and can use reason, which elevates us beyond mere instinct. It is for this reason that monogamous relationships can be suitable for both men and women in some situations.
Agreed, I just don't see why there is such a hard push towards monogamy and conventional relationships by soceity in general. There seems to be a lot of social pressure to meet "the one" (seriously anyone who still believes in that fairytale romance nonsense in 2015 needs to take a good look at themselves) and have a family and live "happily ever after", but the results of this are a lot of divorces, broken homes, people in loveless and sexless marriages and even people who commit suicide (mostly men) due to depression. It's so sad to see, and a lot of these young men are going to follow that route in life and end up the same as everyone else who decides on monogamy with a woman, quite simply it just doesn't work. It's upto them to decide on what they want in life, I'm just here to educate these men on whats best for them. I'm hoping we see a huge decrease in monogamy and conventional marriages in the future for the benefit of soceity and mankind.
Don't be shy I know it's a lot to take in but I urge all men to read the articles i've posted in here they hit a lot of truths about women and monogamy, do not end up a lonely beta you're better than that. Stay alpha, get sex when you can and if you do embark on a relationship make sure it's an open one, you'll be a lot happier in the long run.

We've heard the same story repeatedly: the woman who was sexually ferocious in her youth but is extremely conservative in her marriage. The woman who was into gangbangs and orgies in her "experimental" days but now refuses to give her husband a blow job.

So women are not allowed to change their preferences with regards to sex over time? If she did something once, she must do it over and over again. And the sole purpose of a woman's existence to satisfy sexual needs of men? But when women do try acting out the fantasies of yours, you decide they're too slutty for you and stop looking at them in the same way.

Women are not the problem here. The problem lies with your contradictory expectations and some warped sense of entitlement.
Original post by I love shopping
So women are not allowed to change their preferences with regards to sex over time? If she did something once, she must do it over and over again. And the sole purpose of a woman's existence to satisfy sexual needs of men? But when women do try acting out the fantasies of yours, you decide they're too slutty for you and stop looking at them in the same way.

Women are not the problem here. The problem lies with your contradictory expectations and some warped sense of entitlement.

Again it all depends on what fantasies she's willing to participate in, it could be something like anal or light bondage, giving head etc and that's fine as long as they're shared between you and your partner. Also let's not kid ourselves here, nobody said the sole purpose of a womans existence was to satisfy the sexual needs of men, but you cannot deny that sex is a huge part of any relationship especially if you have the view of long term commitment and if a woman goes off sex it leaves everyone in the relationship frustrated.
Again it all depends on what fantasies she's willing to participate in, it could be something like anal or light bondage, giving head etc and that's fine as long as they're shared between you and your partner. Also let's not kid ourselves here, nobody said the sole purpose of a womans existence was to satisfy the sexual needs of men, but you cannot deny that sex is a huge part of any relationship especially if you have the view of long term commitment and if a woman goes off sex it leaves everyone in the relationship frustrated.

Here we have your sense of entitlement again. Nobody should have sex just to keep their partners happy if it's making them miserable. This applies to both men and women. Nobody owes you sex..
too many words. I honestly got bored.
Here we have your sense of entitlement again. Nobody should have sex just to keep their partners happy if it's making them miserable. This applies to both men and women. Nobody owes you sex..

Except if you pay
If it's a committed relationship or your wife then of course she does, if not you have the right to step outside the relationship and have sex with a woman who's willing to have hot passionate sex with you.
If it's a committed relationship or your wife then of course she does, if not you have the right to step outside the relationship and have sex with a woman who's willing to have hot passionate sex with you.

So you think people should be forced to have sex even if they want to? Good set of morals you have there.

If you're unhappy in a relationship or marriage because of lack of sex, feel free to end it and have sex with as many people as you want.
So you think people should be forced to have sex even if they want to? Good set of morals you have there.

If you're unhappy in a relationship or marriage because of lack of sex, feel free to end it and have sex with as many people as you want.
Well that is the main reason why so many long term relationships and marriages fail, which is the whole point of this thread to educate men on female nature and how women behave in marriage compared to their single years.
Well that is the main reason why so many long term relationships and marriages fail, which is the whole point of this thread to educate men on female nature and how women behave in marriage compared to their single years.

You only see it as a problem because you feel you're entitled to sex. Your way-of-think is the problem, not the so called "female nature" you keep moaning about.

Good luck trying to get sex with that attitude.
Unless you want to end up divorce raped and financially crippled like this poor guy, I suggest the men in here take all the advice i'm giving them here. Here's another story from a guy who married his high school sweetheart who ended up financially crippled and heartbroken once she got bored and found a new man.

I know these kinds of stories are common here but it is really eye opening when it happens to someone that you actually know and I thought you guys might want to hear Jake's story.

I have known Jake since freshman year of high school. He started dating Jasmine Junior year and was head over heels right from the start. I mean he spent every second he could with her. She was all he talked about, at the time it wasn't annoying, "good for him" I thought, I'm glad he's happy. After graduation she started putting pressure on him to propose. Keep in mind she worked at a grocery store and had no plans for college or a career. Jake came to me and told me he had talked to his dad about it and his dad told him to dump her (good advice btw) he also asked me for advice and I told him he should wait until he is at least in his early to mid twenties before even thinking about marriage. Did he take the advice from his dad or me? Fck no. He proposed within a month, I was the best man at the wedding. As much as I wanted to tell him he was fcking retarded, I held my tongue, I had already given him advice once and he didn't listen. I wished him the best and I genuinely hoped that it would work. It didn't.

Within a year and a half she left him for another guy. Here's the part of the story that makes me sick, when Jake's grandparents died they left Jake a fully paid for house in their will. Now this wasn't the nicest house in the world, the tax value was 150k, but this is North Carolina and 150k can get you a pretty decent house here. She took the house.

The reason? Remember when I said she worked at a grocery store in high school? She still does, and Jake is a welder making 45k a year, not including overtime. The judge felt that she would not be able to make enough money to pay rent on her own but Jake could easily rent or purchase another home. Jake also has to give 25% of every dime he makes to her for TEN YEARS! Ten. Fcking. Years. The only thing he kept was his truck, worth about 10k, and his fishing boat, worth about 5k. After the house and alimony she will take him for at least $262,000. And that's with no children in the picture.

Now most people in this sub advocate not getting married at all, nothing wrong with that. I would like to get married and have a family one day though, but you can bet your ass I will have a prenup. Moral of the story, don't be Jake. Wait until you're 25-30 before you even think of settling down. Take the proper precautions, have a lawyer make a prenup for you, if you have a house, make sure you will keep it, NO alimony, if there are kids in the picture make sure there is 50/50 custody so child support payments are either non existent or minimal. Make sure she has her own separate lawyer look it over before she signs it or it will be thrown out.

Peace guys, have a good Friday
You only see it as a problem because you feel you're entitled to sex. Your way-of-think is the problem, not the so called "female nature" you keep moaning about.

Good luck trying to get sex with that attitude.

whats wrong with a man feeling entilted to make love to a woman he is MARRIED to?. The point is most women dont like sex as much after marriage so men shouldnt get married. Bringing up the morality of wanting to have sex is stupid since its natural for men lol.
Reply 94
Original post by Mancini
This fella has a record on this, this was one of his previous threads.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3222999&page=6

Titled: Are the old concepts of love, commitment and relationships dead?

Basically another attack on the female sex and how bad they apparently are because they don't behave as he wishes.

Didn't take long to turn up the evidence did it? Clearly they guy is a prat.
Reply 95
Original post by Mike9910
Well, some of their arguments are sound - I've seen women who follow the MRA narrative of dating "alphas" in their 20s, then settling down with "betas" when they want to get married and have kids. It's very plausible women would do this - I would do this if I was a woman.

At the same time, we don't really need these MRA communities with their technocratic babble to know what women are like. Women are sneaky, materialistic, status obsessed and will design dating strategies that suit their own ends. Sure. But let's not pretend the same accusations can not be leveled at men .

There's also plenty of women who don't want to be used by "alphas" and want equitable relationships. I would say the majority of women fit this billing, actually.

The women I've seen chasing the alpha types were always a niche. They were either equivalent to the "alphas" (EG models or high status women of some description), or they had a predilection for short term relationships.

So for sure, women might all want the tall, strapping, wealthy, powerful "alpha" but they're not willing to trade away their dignity or need for a loving, secure relationship to get one.

Try as you might, people don't fit neatly into pigeonholes. It's a load of *******s.
Original post by imabigboynow
whats wrong with a man feeling entilted to make love to a woman he is MARRIED to?. The point is most women dont like sex as much after marriage so men shouldnt get married. Bringing up the morality of wanting to have sex is stupid since its natural for men lol.

It's baffling isn't it? And we wonder why most marriages fail or end up with one or both parties resenting eachother and stepping outside the relationship.
Original post by imabigboynow

People have the right to make decisions about their own bodies. Nobody should be pressured into sex if they don't want it. Being married doesn't mean you can demand sex at any time you want with a click of your finger.

I can't believe I'm having to explain this to people.
Reply 98
Original post by JC.
Didn't take long to turn up the evidence did it? Clearly they guy is a prat.

I think he lives online ,the guy does not simply take pleasure in expressing his hate for women, he also takes pleasure in creating these threads and having what he thinks are debates. Which are really just him dictating his views and enjoying conversations with like minded men.
People have the right to make decisions about their own bodies. Nobody should be pressured into sex if they don't want it. Being married doesn't mean you can demand sex at any time you want with a click of your finger.

I can't believe I'm having to explain this to people.

Which is why most long term relationships and marriages end, which is why no man should ever commit to a woman.

Latest

Trending

Trending