The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry

Hi guys!

I currently hold a conditional offer for MChem Medicinal Chemistry. I'm moving nearly 300 miles away so would be awesome to find out some of the people I will hopefully be studying with in September.

Who's got an offer and where are you moving from? :smile:
Original post by mynameisapril
Hi guys!

I currently hold a conditional offer for MChem Medicinal Chemistry. I'm moving nearly 300 miles away so would be awesome to find out some of the people I will hopefully be studying with in September.

Who's got an offer and where are you moving from? :smile:

Good luck finding chemists on here... but good luck with your A levels, and I'll probs see you in September (if you're firming Manchester).

If you've got any questions about the course, I'm a current 1st year here, doing straight chemistry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Hey, I'm in my third year of chemistry with medicinal chemistry at Newcastle so I'll try to give you an idea of what you're in for.

I do a lot of the same modules as straight chemists except nothing to do with physical chemistry this year (year 1 & 2 I did physical), instead studying more kind of biological chemistry. Compared with organic and inorganic it's pretty chemistry light in terms of mechanisms and maths.

I should say that dropping physical narrows your job prospects, how much by I won't know until it's too late haha.
Thank you but no a-levels for me. As much as I wish I had done them at 16, I just wasn't ready!

I've firmed for Manchester and pretty nervous now. How did you find your first year? Was the workload and level of understanding you're expected to have overwhelming? As I haven't done a-levels, I am pretty nervous that I will be clueless compared to everyone else!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending