The Student Room Group

People think i'm stupid.

Hi, I'm not a stupid girl.

I'm actually really creative.

However,i am really lazy.

I really HATE school.

I'm diagnosed with ADHD and i really can't listen in school -.- when ever we have exams im never ready because its really hard for me to listen to maths but i only do maths when it's a quiet place. A lot of people think im stupid because i either daydream or doodle.

The only subject i enjoy is Art and English Literature.

What would you think of a girl like me?Would you think i'm thick?
No, you just can't concentrate in that environment.
Just find yourself a quiet place and study :smile:
I don't think you're stupid :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NoUsernmeAvalble

I really HATE school.

I'm diagnosed with ADHD and i really can't listen in school -.- when ever we have exams im never ready because its really hard for me to listen to maths but i only do maths when it's a quiet place. A lot of people think im stupid because i either daydream or doodle.

Doodling actually helps you think better and don't look down upon yourself.

Everyone is different and thats why academia is not for everyone.

I use to struggle with maths aswell until i got the right support.

Don't listen to what society tells you but be yourself and embrace who you are.

"Never compare yourself to someone else. The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday."
Reply 4
No one will call you stupid when you have your extravagant art exhibitions soon in the future
People tend to think that those who are not STEM material are stupid, this is not true at all.

I wished i was good at drawing. I remember in year 7-9 hating art because i could not draw simple stuff.

Everyone has been blessed with different talents.

I hope things work out for you.

Edit: you are not the only one who is lazy with ADHD. If anything, i should be called the laziest person on here with ADHD(the amount of times i procrastinate)
(edited 9 years ago)
everyone is different
im similar i always doodle and can never concentrate with academic stuff so i have to just roll with doing art lol
does the school know you have adhd? they should really do something to cater to that like im sure they can put you in a seperate room for exams and stuff or something so theres no distractions
Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)

I really HATE school.

No off course not! doesn't matter what people think just work hard and prove them all wrong xx cleverness comes with practice and hard work

I really HATE school.

It's a terrible system for many, the way schooling is currently structured.
You could do with seeing someone about the ADHD and learning strategies. Medicine/psychologists/occupational therapists may be of some help.
I would think you have lots of potential. Don't listen to what others say, if negative. I doubt they understand... very much at all.

Quick Reply

Latest