The Student Room Group

My youth is my only physically attractive feature

So I wouldn't say I'm bad or good looking but I've been thinking recently that my youth is the only attractive thing about me. I haven't ever received attention from people. I feel as if I should point out that that doesn't bother me; I'm not sad/upset that I'm not experienced with relationships, but I'm starting to worry about the future.

It doesn't help that I'm not straight so there are even less people whose attention 'matters' (I mean in the sense that if someone of the opposite sex were interested in me for a relationship, I'd have to turn them down)

Anyway. My youth is fading and it will only continue to do so so I feel as if I'll be less desirable and so my chances of finding someone will just lower and lower.

Any advice?
It can't be just youth alone making you attractive, I know loads of ugly 16 year olds.

:dontknow:
Reply 2
I'd say for most people that youth is their only attractive feature. Look what happens to people by the time they've turned 40!

Once you've lost that sheen of youth, the only thing preventing you from being ugly is the protection of superior genes. Things like high cheekbones, strong bone structure, a strong hairline resistant to male pattern baldness (if you're male). Diet helps, so does exercise, but without the underlying genetics on your side the fight is hopeless.
I wouldn't particularly call youth a deciding factor in attractiveness (possibly because I prefer older guys), so you must have other assets! If you're not confident within yourself, that may be something to work on, as that can be more attractive to many than your face/body.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending