The Student Room Group

how do resits work?

first year at uni, been absolute hell in terms of me learning, I've never had a worse time in education than this and now I've got finals coming up and I pretty much have to get 70% in every exam just to pass the year.

How do resits work? I know that they cap the exam at 40% but does that mean that the final exam accounts for 100% of the year? because i just dont know what to do Ive always thought i was bright my a levels went great yet here i am struggling with what everyone says is the easiest year in uni nothing has made me so depressed I just want to cry
Reply 1
The resit exams will be the same proportion of your mark as the original ones. If your resits are capped and it would be impossible to pass a module with a capped resit exam mark, then you would probably be asked to retake those modules next year, repeating part or all of your first year.

However it will depend on how badly you fail and your uni's policies for dealing with it. Each uni can set their own rules so you need to find them for yours - they're usually online.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending