The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Degree with a Foundation Year? Let's talk!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Interzone Agent
Honestly it was alright, nothing like a job interview. It's best to treat it as a pretty friendly chat. You'll be asked questions like why you want to study the subject, and a little bit about yourself.

If its the same as it was for the group I was there with, you'll talk to one of the conveners of your course, and then a student welfare rep. Both of them were really friendly, and once you get over the interview nerves, it's quite easy to be relaxed.

Oh okay , that's no too bad then . Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Do you think they are lenient if you miss your A level offer by a grade or two for the foundation year or is it like every other course?
Original post by HassanD
Do you think they are lenient if you miss your A level offer by a grade or two for the foundation year or is it like every other course?

Well for every other course they are lenient by a grade or two :tongue:

I think they'll probably take one grade below, two grades is unlikely.
hi all! im hoping to start Health and Human Sciences with Foundation Year in September :smile:
Does anyone know how many places are available on the course? I cant seem to get any info on this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HassanD
Does anyone know how many places are available on the course? I cant seem to get any info on this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

About 40 for the normal foundation year, more for Sheffield International College.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Helloworld_95
About 40 for the normal foundation year, more for Sheffield International College.

Ahh thanks! :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by HassanD
Yes I will be, I am going to be doing computer science with a foundation year! Btw, do you know how lenient they are if you don't meet their offer?

whats the requirement for that?
Original post by Shakz
whats the requirement for that?

ABB
Original post by Colin_T
Hi, I should be starting Physics with Foundation at Sheffield in September.

Hey, I'm starting Physics with a foundation year too, only found one other person as of... :':wink:
Reply 30
Original post by laureeenk
Hey, I'm starting Physics with a foundation year too, only found one other person as of... :':wink:

Hi, nice to find someone else on the course!
Just got murdered in a chemistry exam and will not be getting my A... :frown: only hope now is if they let me in with a B.
Reply 32
Original post by HassanD
ABB

u went in!
Yep, I'm starting the English Literature with a Foundation Year course in September. Sent my accomodation application a few weeks ago, applied for an en-suite in Endcliffe. Really looking forward to getting started on the course.

Hey, just out of curiosity, what grades did you achieve? I've already achieved my grades and have no clue whether I'll get in if I apply for next year.
Original post by Chihiro95
Hey, just out of curiosity, what grades did you achieve? I've already achieved my grades and have no clue whether I'll get in if I apply for next year.

Hey there, sorry but I can't be of much help there. I'm a mature student, so got in without A levels.
Hey there, sorry but I can't be of much help there. I'm a mature student, so got in without A levels.

Oh ok. Kudos to getting in without a levels. How did they assess you then? On your personal statement, work experience and interview?
Original post by Chihiro95
Oh ok. Kudos to getting in without a levels. How did they assess you then? On your personal statement, work experience and interview?

Yeah, pretty much. On the interview day I did two half-hour tests too, one maths, one English.
Hey , thanks to your help I got an unconditional offer . I just thoughtI'd update you on how it went .
Original post by itsdeborahh
Hey , thanks to your help I got an unconditional offer . I just thoughtI'd update you on how it went .

You're welcome, that's awesome! Maybe I'll see you in September.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! I've applied to Sheffield uni this year to study Aerospace engineering foundation year and was wondering how lenient they are on missing your grades by about one grade? As well as that how many places are on the course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending