The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Tort: Giliker and Beckwith, with Jones recommended if you want a more detailed text.

Constit: Bradley and Ewing, Constitutional and Administrative law.

As for the others, in first year you use McKendrick's book (the materials one) for contract... and then there is no point in buying any others. In subsequent years you need more books as you need a textbook and a statute book for every module.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank you ! :smile:
Why do you ask anyway?
Reply 4
hmm well I'm going to Nott as an exchange student next year and I've searched through modules and want to have some books before I actually go there. Also as common law is quite different from continental I need to learn more than basics. By the way, do you know if exchange students can choose modules without having pre-requisites ?
Oooh sorry I don't know... have you emailed the school? If you are from a non-common law jurisdiction you may well have to take some sort of basic module in the subject to get to grips with it, but I don't know.

PM me if you don't know who to contact there.
Reply 6
I've emailed the uni, so I hope they'll tell me :smile: Sure, I'll take basic module, but I've heard it is possible to take even ones with pre-requisites som I'm curious . And some of the more advance modules looks just too interesting :smile:
Hmmm things like trusts, contract, tort etc will be strong pre-reqs in the more advanced modules... you would be best checking with the uni for your specifics... I am sure their policy is quite logical. Good luck :biggrin:.

Latest

Trending

Trending