The Student Room Group

My french essay notes - AS AQA

I am currently doing AQA AS french and have made notes that I hope cover every essay question that can be asked for units 1 and 3 - and I am ignoring units 2 and 4 as I don't have much to say about most of the topics in them.

At least 1 of the 3 essay questions will be from unit 1 or 3.

Note: A lot of the content has been taken from french websites and all of it has been checked by french natives so should be mostly correct

Can you advise about:

- Whether or not they actually cover everything that can be asked
- How I should make them more concise
- Any other advise for preparing for the essay part of the exam

Thanks so much :smile:

(Les media = unit 1, la santé = unit 3)

EDIT:

Added reformatted notes for la santé units with english translations

EDIT: Of course when it says ils faites, it means ils font :biggrin:

EDIT: I have added reformatted notes for les media unit, they are in a table with fr/eng

EDIT: Updated La santé/ mode de vie outline with:
- Better sport advantages/ dangers
+ Health problems for:

Bad diet

Smoking

Alcohol

Drugs

(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

:bump: (please!!)
Original post by Patrick2810
I am currently doing AQA AS french and have made notes that I hope cover every essay question that can be asked for units 1 and 3 - and I am ignoring units 2 and 4 as I don't have much to say about most of the topics in them.

Can you advise about:

How do you find a-level french? Would you recommend it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
They are brilliant! The phrases will be useful to slot into both speaking and writing exams. You've made sure to include positives and negatives for a lot of topics also. I'm also doing AS French and you've definitely given me lots of inspiration for my own notes!
Original post by Bethaaaaany
They are brilliant! The phrases will be useful to slot into both speaking and writing exams. You've made sure to include positives and negatives for a lot of topics also. I'm also doing AS French and you've definitely given me lots of inspiration for my own notes!

thanks, I hope they will save you time - each topic took ~2hrs.

but I'm still really worried about remembering the points and generally how to prepare for the essay part of the exam (have got mostly Cs and Ds before and one B.... back in november :frown: :frown: )
thanks, I hope they will save you time - each topic took ~2hrs.

but I'm still really worried about remembering the points and generally how to prepare for the essay part of the exam (have got mostly Cs and Ds before and one B.... back in november :frown: :frown: )

I feel you :frown: It is so difficult, I am seriously worried about French in general. I'm on CCEA who seem to be particularly picky - dreading my speaking exam especially!
I have added reformatted notes for la santé/mode de vie unit, they are in a table with fr/eng

Can you advise about:

EDIT:

they are brilliant, thank you :smile: im doing WJEC and i think that covers everything, perhaps talk about the effect of drugs and alcohol on the heath?
Reply 8

Note: A lot of the content has been taken from french websites and all of it has been checked by french natives so should be mostly correct

Can you advise about:

EDIT:

EDIT: Of course when it says ils faites, it means ils font :biggrin:

Thank u sooooo much, im retaking and these notes are helpful for these topicsxxxxx!
I have added reformatted notes for the les media unit, they are in a table with fr/eng
I have added reformatted notes for the les media unit, they are in a table with fr/eng

merciiiiiiiii bcp :heart:

Spoiler

Original post by yasmin#2
they are brilliant, thank you :smile: im doing WJEC and i think that covers everything, perhaps talk about the effect of drugs and alcohol on the heath?

Ok I've updated la santé/mode de vie outline with improved sports advs and dangers, and health problems on: bad diet, alcohol, drugs, smoking
Ok I've updated la santé/mode de vie outline with improved sports advs and dangers, and health problems on: bad diet, alcohol, drugs, smoking

thanks so much! im sure you'll do brilliantly ,theyre really well phrased notes :biggrin:
Original post by yasmin#2
thanks so much! im sure you'll do brilliantly ,theyre really well phrased notes :biggrin:

The health problems notes have also served as a biology lesson lol - you'll see a lot of "technical" language there
Reply 14
Just found this - these are great! Stress, sport, Diet, drugs, fast food and Advertising haven't yet come up in a June paper. Internet and reality TV along with smoking (tabac) have but 2011 or earlier
(edited 8 years ago)
Note: It might be good to just write about portables/internet for nouvelles technologies as they may not like hearing about washing machines/electricity !
omg this is awesome! I was wondering if you did one for music? I'm only going to revise 3 topics which are sports, internet and music because they haven't come up in a while >.<
Note: It might be good to just write about portables/internet for nouvelles technologies as they may not like hearing about washing machines/electricity !

Original post by lafleur96
omg this is awesome! I was wondering if you did one for music? I'm only going to revise 3 topics which are sports, internet and music because they haven't come up in a while >.<

Sorry no only got notes on units 1 and 3 :frown:

Stress publicité and smoking are also quite likely apparently

Sorry no only got notes on units 1 and 3 :frown:

Stress publicité and smoking are also quite likely apparently

Oh yeah sorry I didn't read your full post >.< I'm going all in on sports and music! one of them is bound to come up since they both haven't come up since 2009/2010 :s-smilie: someone please back me up with this so I'll feel better xD

I told my tutor about publicité might be a possibility but she says it's unlikely since it was on the 2012 one? About the smoking one too... They had the alcohol one last year right? I doubt they'd do something similar :s-smilie: but if anyone is an expert with predictions please correct me!
how did you guys do in your mocks? As in last years paper :smile:

Quick Reply