The Student Room Group

Nothing for CFE

Anyone else struggling with the fact that we have nearly 0 revision resources for new cfe highers? I don't even find past papers helpful due to how different the new marking schemes are.... If anyone has any other specimen papers or exemplar papers for any subject that aren't already on the SQA website then please post them here! Much appreciated x
Original post by caitlinramsay
Anyone else struggling with the fact that we have nearly 0 revision resources for new cfe highers? I don't even find past papers helpful due to how different the new marking schemes are.... If anyone has any other specimen papers or exemplar papers for any subject that aren't already on the SQA website then please post them here! Much appreciated x

Aha yes, it's so frustrating! All my highers apart from maths are cfe and I strongly advocate that you use every specimen paper you can find for them. Even if that means buying all the books: every specimen paper has been published and the How to Pass books are also very good.
However, I think that the last one to be released is the Human Biology HTP book which will be released at the end of this month.
Reply 2
Original post by caitlinramsay

I cannot help with the complete paper - though I believe it is very similar to the old Higher - I might be able to help with the set texts in English. What authors are you interested in?
CFE.... Do I need to comment on this...
My answer is obvious. Ofc there isn't enough resources.
Reply 4
I know, there is like 1 Actual SQA paper for each subject. Doing new higher Physics, Computing, Business and old English. For the new ones my Physics teacher has given us old higher questions for most topics. Computing is basically half old higher Software Dev and half old higher Info Systems so questions on them are fine. Business, there is an SQA document we got that tells you which old questions are fine. Plus I bought the how to pass book with tons of new exam style questions in it.

But seriously, most old papers are fine, just check with your teacher.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending