The Student Room Group

Is 1 month enough to get 4 A's at AS level??

I basically wasted this whole year and the time has gone so fast and I've already wasted half of the Easter holidays and I am ****ing panicking!!

I do try to study but its so hard to get focused and continue with the hard work. I planned out a day of revision and I bought energy snacks (Smoothies, Chocolate, Fruit etc) to keep me going but I still gave up after like half an hour. I REALLY want 4 A's and I am now willing to work as hard as I can to get it even if it means wrecking myself day and night.

I am currently on BBCC and that's just scraping!

I know I need to do like loads of past papers and go through certain units and I have a plan in my head on how to cover everything and get enough practice in time for the exam. I just want to know if its realistic.

I posted something like this about a month ago with the title something like "is 2 months possible" and now its 1 month so :L

I know that whatever I'm doing now until the exam is going to be cramming but its the only way. Can I get 4 A's in 1 month? Is it possible or am I just fooling myself and I should give up??

HAS ANYONE DONE THIS AND ACHIEVED 4 A's AT AS LEVEL??!

Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

probs
Reply 2
It's possible. Don't think about it and start now. Worked for me last year.
Original post by Oshi
It's possible. Don't think about it and start now. Worked for me last year.

What subjects did you take?
Reply 4
I am literally in the same position as you right now. I have done some revision this Easter but it is DEFINITELY not enough. I do Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Psychology and I wasted so much time on trying to consolidate one unit and didn't pay attention that I have four whole subjects to be studying for as well. I have exactly a month left and I am panicking so much too!!! It's so hard for me to focus, I don't know what to do but I really really want to get good grades this year.
I personally don't think I'll be able to get 4 A's but all I can do is try my best. :/
Reply 5
Original post by ilovereading
What subjects did you take?

Double Maths, Computing, and Music AS.
Reply 6
easily
Original post by yasx_
I am literally in the same position as you right now. I have done some revision this Easter but it is DEFINITELY not enough. I do Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Psychology and I wasted so much time on trying to consolidate one unit and didn't pay attention that I have four whole subjects to be studying for as well. I have exactly a month left and I am panicking so much too!!! It's so hard for me to focus, I don't know what to do but I really really want to get good grades this year.
I personally don't think I'll be able to get 4 A's but all I can do is try my best. :/

I am literally taking those exact same subjects! I'm creating an action plan atm because giving up is not an option. I need to get 4 A's to get into medical school and I want it so bad.

https://youtu.be/aZabk0YQxkI < This motivated me!
Original post by sdotd
easily

What makes you think its so easy?
Reply 9
What makes you think its so easy?

because it's about the quality of revision. some people go overboard with revision.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes,you can
WE can be studybbuddies if you want.
Don't worry I only really started revising now, and managed to get 4 A's! You just really need to force yourself to do it now, organise yourself some breaks so that you know how long you have to sit there for each like session, and keep your phone outside your room until then! Just do loads of past papers and stuff and you'll be fine, if worst comes to worst you can always just retake some of them next year!
Original post by sdotd
because it's about the quality of revision. some people go overboard with revision.

But its a fact that people who spend longer on revision will do better. Statistics and **** but I guess you're right. What did you study and what did you get?
The last thing you want to do is to panic lol. Don't try and learn all the information in one day, you're just going to burn yourself out. Write a list of everything you have to do, then work through that list bit by bit... Apparently working for 30-45 minutes and taking 15 min break inbetween works wonders. I usually revise a bit of information or a topic and then test myself on it.. But if this doesn't work for you then try memorising or cramming it now. The sooner you start the easier it is to remember. But I suggest you only do this as a last resort.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes,you can
WE can be studybbuddies if you want.

What are you studying?
Reply 15
I am literally taking those exact same subjects! I'm creating an action plan atm because giving up is not an option. I need to get 4 A's to get into medical school and I want it so bad.

https://youtu.be/aZabk0YQxkI < This motivated me!

Thanks, I'll watch the video now! Let me know how you decide to actually go ahead with your revision because I really need advice. It's so hard for me to study and I need to force myself to put in a lot of effort if I actually plan to come out with good grades.
Instead of posting here, just go and do some work. Haha.
Original post by 0rangesandLemons
Don't worry I only really started revising now, and managed to get 4 A's! You just really need to force yourself to do it now, organise yourself some breaks so that you know how long you have to sit there for each like session, and keep your phone outside your room until then! Just do loads of past papers and stuff and you'll be fine, if worst comes to worst you can always just retake some of them next year!

Woah thats amazing, what subjects did you take? What was your action plan? How many hours did you spend on revision roughly? Yes I need to FORCE myself!!
Reply 18
But its a fact that people who spend longer on revision will do better. Statistics and **** but I guess you're right. What did you study and what did you get?

Yes its probably true but im saying its still possible as so many people do it every year its ridiculous

I do

Politics
Economics
History
ICT
What are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Single Maths.