The Student Room Group

Is 1 month enough to get 4 A's at AS level??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stephaniecamille
The last thing you want to do is to panic lol. Don't try and learn all the information in one day, you're just going to burn yourself out. Write a list of everything you have to do, then work through that list bit by bit... Apparently working for 30-45 minutes and taking 15 min break inbetween works wonders. I usually revise a bit of information or a topic and then test myself on it.. But if this doesn't work for you then try memorising or cramming it now. The sooner you start the easier it is to remember. But I suggest you only do this as a last resort.

Thank you for the advice! Going to write down everything I need to do now and use that to make a revision plan :smile: Tbh I think this is my last resort so cramming and memorising is the only way obviously with lots of past papers and stuff.
Original post by sdotd
Yes its probably true but im saying its still possible as so many people do it every year its ridiculous

I do

Politics
Economics
History
ICT

I always thought those who got all A's spent months revising, didnt realize it was so common but then again I am doing some the more harder subjects:L
Original post by thatguy22
Instead of posting here, just go and do some work. Haha.

True, True just making an action plan xP
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Single Maths.

I do Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Psychology. Why do you call it single Maths? What exam board do you do?
Reply 24
Original post by ilovereading
I always thought those who got all A's spent months revising, didnt realize it was so common but then again I am doing some the more harder subjects:L

many do but not everyone
Also remember not everyone aims to get As. They just want to get the grades they need
I do Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Psychology. Why do you call it single Maths? What exam board do you do?

OCR.I just say Single Maths to show that I'm not doing double maths.
Original post by Kadak
OCR.I just say Single Maths to show that I'm not doing double maths.

I see, I'm doing Edexcel for Biology, Chemistry and Maths.
hey I do the same subjects, where are you up to on revision in your subjects? I'm halfway through in some of them and a bit over a half way in psychology...I still have another month till my first exam, not sure if I have enough time to get through them all...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I basically wasted this whole year and the time has gone so fast and I've already wasted half of the Easter holidays and I am ****ing panicking!!

I do try to study but its so hard to get focused and continue with the hard work. I planned out a day of revision and I bought energy snacks (Smoothies, Chocolate, Fruit etc) to keep me going but I still gave up after like half an hour. I REALLY want 4 A's and I am now willing to work as hard as I can to get it even if it means wrecking myself day and night.

I am currently on BBCC and that's just scraping!

I know I need to do like loads of past papers and go through certain units and I have a plan in my head on how to cover everything and get enough practice in time for the exam. I just want to know if its realistic.

I posted something like this about a month ago with the title something like "is 2 months possible" and now its 1 month so :L

I know that whatever I'm doing now until the exam is going to be cramming but its the only way. Can I get 4 A's in 1 month? Is it possible or am I just fooling myself and I should give up??

HAS ANYONE DONE THIS AND ACHIEVED 4 A's AT AS LEVEL??!

Thanks.

I'd say no based on your current grades, but if you work extremely hard you could get close to (or maybe even exactly) 4 As
Original post by yasx_
Thanks, I'll watch the video now! Let me know how you decide to actually go ahead with your revision because I really need advice. It's so hard for me to study and I need to force myself to put in a lot of effort if I actually plan to come out with good grades.

After watching that video and reading some of the replies here, I feel I'm ready to go! I'm making a revision plan for today until end of holidays to cover as much as I can then I'll make a revision plan just before school starts to follow until exams arrive. I just need to remember;

ITS POSSIBLE!! And I am the only person who can MAKE it possible and change my fate because I CAN get 4 A's if I TRY and TRY. And YOU can too! I think the most important step is making a revision plan especially for procrastinators and people who get distracted like me. I did like a weeks worth of good revision in the Xmas holidays and that was due to a revision plan.
Original post by bubblegumcat
hey I do the same subjects, where are you up to on revision in your subjects? I'm halfway through in some of them and a bit over a half way in psychology...I still have another month till my first exam, not sure if I have enough time to get through them all...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't started revision hence the reason for this post. Good luck with the rest of your revision! At least you are somewhere so don't give up, keep going. Tbh Psychology is one of the only subjects, I have paid attention in classed and did all the homework with ease and scored good grades for mocks despite day before revision so I am not too worried about it. I'm just going to do past papers for it.
Original post by midgemeister7
I'd say no based on your current grades, but if you work extremely hard you could get close to (or maybe even exactly) 4 As

Thanks for the honesty, I do plan to work extremely hard in hope of getting exactly 4 A's!!
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing a all nighter of maths tonight,you can join me if you want 😃.
Reply 33
After watching that video and reading some of the replies here, I feel I'm ready to go! I'm making a revision plan for today until end of holidays to cover as much as I can then I'll make a revision plan just before school starts to follow until exams arrive. I just need to remember;

ITS POSSIBLE!! And I am the only person who can MAKE it possible and change my fate because I CAN get 4 A's if I TRY and TRY. And YOU can too! I think the most important step is making a revision plan especially for procrastinators and people who get distracted like me. I did like a weeks worth of good revision in the Xmas holidays and that was due to a revision plan.

Wow the video is actually really good, I wish I saw it earlier, I could've got so much done by now. But thanks, I'm definitely going to start right now! I think a revision plan is the most helpful as well, it really helps to condense how much or what it is you need to do each day. I think I'm going to do some psychology questions I had for homework (left it until last minute obviously smh).

I saw your post that you do Edexcel for Bio, Chem and Maths. So do I! What exam board are you on for psychology? I do AQA A.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing a all nighter of maths tonight,you can join me if you want ������.

How does one join another? lolol But I guess I have like 3 maths booklets that I can try to finish all today by doing an all nighter.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Single Maths.

hello there!

same here :woo:

which exam boards you using?
Original post by happysmile
hello there!

same here :woo:

which exam boards you using?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Biology-AQA
Chemistry-OCR
Maths-OCR
Physics-Edexcel
Original post by sdotd
because it's about the quality of revision. some people go overboard with revision.

What are some good quality revision ways?
And what do you mean by going overboard... most people that revise 12-15hrs get good grades
Original post by yasx_
Wow the video is actually really good, I wish I saw it earlier, I could've got so much done by now. But thanks, I'm definitely going to start right now! I think a revision plan is the most helpful as well, it really helps to condense how much or what it is you need to do each day. I think I'm going to do some psychology questions I had for homework (left it until last minute obviously smh).

I saw your post that you do Edexcel for Bio, Chem and Maths. So do I! What exam board are you on for psychology? I do AQA A.

Thats great! I'm going to start by making a list of everything I need to do now then organize it into a revision plan right about now (after one more youtube video lolol). I hate the fact we have homework, I mean cant they just let us get on with revision -.-

Thats great, we can be study buddies ^^ I do OCR Psychology but psychology is the least of my worries tbh
Reply 39
I am literally taking those exact same subjects! I'm creating an action plan atm because giving up is not an option. I need to get 4 A's to get into medical school and I want it so bad.

https://youtu.be/aZabk0YQxkI < This motivated me!

gave me goosebumps boy

Quick Reply

Latest