The Student Room Group

Is 1 month enough to get 4 A's at AS level??

Scroll to see replies

reading this thread has given me hope! Thank you very much everyone :smile: best of luck to you all!
Op, do not give up! Just work as hard as you can from now until exams, take regular breaks and do heaps of past papers (then repeat them all until you get 100%). It's definitely possible if you believe in yourself, I know that's cheesy, but it's so true. :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by ilovereading
I basically wasted this whole year and the time has gone so fast and I've already wasted half of the Easter holidays and I am ****ing panicking!!

I do try to study but its so hard to get focused and continue with the hard work. I planned out a day of revision and I bought energy snacks (Smoothies, Chocolate, Fruit etc) to keep me going but I still gave up after like half an hour. I REALLY want 4 A's and I am now willing to work as hard as I can to get it even if it means wrecking myself day and night.

I am currently on BBCC and that's just scraping!

I know I need to do like loads of past papers and go through certain units and I have a plan in my head on how to cover everything and get enough practice in time for the exam. I just want to know if its realistic.

I posted something like this about a month ago with the title something like "is 2 months possible" and now its 1 month so :L

I know that whatever I'm doing now until the exam is going to be cramming but its the only way. Can I get 4 A's in 1 month? Is it possible or am I just fooling myself and I should give up??

HAS ANYONE DONE THIS AND ACHIEVED 4 A's AT AS LEVEL??!

Thanks.

depends on how determined you are to catch up all this revision: last year before study leave (2 weeks before my exams) I was on an A in bio and french but maths and chemistry a C and a U! and i managed to get 4A's because by that time I had realised I was revising maths and chem wrong. you still have some time and you can make up for the time lost by working super hard. I used to start revision at 9am revise for 45 mins w/ a 15 mins break and a 2hr break for dinner then back to revising until 9pm (so about 9 hours a day). If your the kind of person to not do alot of work in school e.g if your teachers are crap then dont go because your grade is more important than keeping them happy. also try and revise in the library your less likely to get distracted and completely ban yourself from the things that make you waste time e.g for me it was listening to music so I banned myself from listening to music until my exams finished lool sounds harsh but it worked for me
THANK YOU:biggrin: I now believe its possible thanks to all you guys and yes hopefully we will ALL get what we want :smile:

Just imagine the thought of getting 4 U's and wishing you can go back in time and revise harder. Let that be your source of motivation!
No you aren't alone as it seems, don't worry I think it's completely possible if the quality of your revision is good and I mean be really good! Don't just read your things and spend excessive amount of hours on a topic only to forget it later, actively study! Which means reading then recalling, past paper questions but use them properly! Maybe doing a topic and doing the relevant questions because at the moment if you have so much content to get through it may seem like you have to wait and put them off(DON'T DO THIS!) just practise as much as possible. This is the position I am in, where I have so much content to still get through :eek: that I am doing my practise along the way, writing essays to the relevant questions and answering questions on relevant topics, personally this feels like the only way!! Don't panic AT ALL! if you panic you will set your self behind, you will probably spend 5 minutes panicking which you could be using studying. Just work SO hard and have a plan, so many students succeed because they know how to study and not because of the period of time the studied and I know this is true because I have spent a lot of time this year(procrastinating) on forums like TSR and Quora which make this very clear to me. Just study well and study hard and build up your own technique and DO NOT PANIC WHAT SO EVER! You will be absolutely fine!:smile:
100%, last year my teacher failed to teach properly and a week before the exam the class realised that she completely ignored it and didn't teach us around 60% of what we were supposed to know. then that week i worked my ass off, I'm talking extreme revision and i ended up only dropping 2 marks on that whole exam. if i can do that in a week, I'm sure you can do it in 3!

good luck! :biggrin:
Good luck everyone, work as hard as you can and just think about how you'll feel on results day in 3 months with your 4A's or whatever your goals are :smile: BUZZING
Reply 67
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

I want to do natsci at Cambridge! What was your ums and do you have any revision advice?

I got 93% average which is a bit lower than the average offer holder as far as I'm aware. There are people with even lower. 90%+ UMS generally guarantees you an interview AFAIK and if you score well there you can make up for slightly lower grades.

I don't really have any 'special' advice. Undoubtedly what helps me most is doing every single past paper thoroughly and marking it like an examiner. Just drill those mark scheme answers into your head ;P Understanding all the concepts and appreciating them in a wider sense is great (and important for Cambridge) but at the end of the day giving them exactly what they want is what gets the marks and is what's important at this stage.

Good luck with it!
Original post by lularose83
op, do not give up! Just work as hard as you can from now until exams, take regular breaks and do heaps of past papers (then repeat them all until you get 100%). It's definitely possible if you believe in yourself, i know that's cheesy, but it's so true. :smile:

thank you <3
Original post by s.c.a1
depends on how determined you are to catch up all this revision: last year before study leave (2 weeks before my exams) I was on an A in bio and french but maths and chemistry a C and a U! and i managed to get 4A's because by that time I had realised I was revising maths and chem wrong. you still have some time and you can make up for the time lost by working super hard. I used to start revision at 9am revise for 45 mins w/ a 15 mins break and a 2hr break for dinner then back to revising until 9pm (so about 9 hours a day). If your the kind of person to not do alot of work in school e.g if your teachers are crap then dont go because your grade is more important than keeping them happy. also try and revise in the library your less likely to get distracted and completely ban yourself from the things that make you waste time e.g for me it was listening to music so I banned myself from listening to music until my exams finished lool sounds harsh but it worked for me

ThankYou!!! I like the idea of 45 mins/wid 15 mintues and I'm gonna use that and try to do 9 hours a day!! I will try to go library after school as well to complete at least one past paper there then continue at home. Or finish homework there or something. I really want to ban myself from tinychat and skype buts its REALLY hard and I feel I wont be the same without it for a couple months :frown: But I really want to get 4 A's and get into medical school. #TheStruggle
Original post by dose of fury
just imagine the thought of getting 4 u's and wishing you can go back in time and revise harder. Let that be your source of motivation!

yes thank you!!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Just been tonnes of unit 2 physics past paper Questions.Still up for an all nighter of maths?
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
No you aren't alone as it seems, don't worry I think it's completely possible if the quality of your revision is good and I mean be really good! Don't just read your things and spend excessive amount of hours on a topic only to forget it later, actively study! Which means reading then recalling, past paper questions but use them properly! Maybe doing a topic and doing the relevant questions because at the moment if you have so much content to get through it may seem like you have to wait and put them off(DON'T DO THIS!) just practise as much as possible. This is the position I am in, where I have so much content to still get through :eek: that I am doing my practise along the way, writing essays to the relevant questions and answering questions on relevant topics, personally this feels like the only way!! Don't panic AT ALL! if you panic you will set your self behind, you will probably spend 5 minutes panicking which you could be using studying. Just work SO hard and have a plan, so many students succeed because they know how to study and not because of the period of time the studied and I know this is true because I have spent a lot of time this year(procrastinating) on forums like TSR and Quora which make this very clear to me. Just study well and study hard and build up your own technique and DO NOT PANIC WHAT SO EVER! You will be absolutely fine!:smile:

THANK YOU FOR THIS PARAGRAPH!! I'm glad people still believe I can do it:') Yes I need to use my time more efficiently and you're right about the practice along the way because I've been trying to finish everything THEN do the practice/revising but now that's gonna change :smile: I am going to work SO hard and I'm making a plan at the moment:smile: Thanks again<3
Original post by katiehilton
100%, last year my teacher failed to teach properly and a week before the exam the class realised that she completely ignored it and didn't teach us around 60% of what we were supposed to know. then that week i worked my ass off, I'm talking extreme revision and i ended up only dropping 2 marks on that whole exam. if i can do that in a week, I'm sure you can do it in 3!

good luck! :biggrin:

I actually have 4 weeks which is even better and thank you for giving me hope!!
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Just been tonnes of unit 2 physics past paper Questions.Still up for an all nighter of maths?

Thats great and yeah im up, where we doing it at?
Original post by Lularose83
Good luck everyone, work as hard as you can and just think about how you'll feel on results day in 3 months with your 4A's or whatever your goals are :smile: BUZZING

Thanks for sharing the positivity and support on the thread<3
Thats great and yeah im up, where we doing it at?

No idea.All I know is Ill just be doing tonnes of past papers,and then focusing on where my weakspots are.Those weakspots will be removed by going over the topic in the book.
On a weekday,I'll prob revise maths 10-3,which done over maths should get me an A.
I managed to get 2 B's within a month and an A within two days at AS, so its completely achievable. Its not about the time you have left, its about what you do in that time that's important. Basically work way harder than I did and you'll get your A's.

I took Chemistry, Biology and religious studies... i got a D in physics but i didn't actually revise for that one, i just gave up mid year.
This thread has kind of motivated me.. it's a shame I still haven't started revising yet! haha!
Original post by Hannah_HMJ
I managed to get 2 B's within a month and an A within two days at AS, so its completely achievable. Its not about the time you have left, its about what you do in that time that's important. Basically work way harder than I did and you'll get your A's.

I took Chemistry, Biology and religious studies... i got a D in physics but i didn't actually revise for that one, i just gave up mid year.

ThankYou!!

Quick Reply

Latest