The Student Room Group

Who failed their driving tests at Forest Hill Drive- Southampton

So i had my second test today and failed again with the same examiner. The 1st time i agreed that i failed as i was pulling out a car came up behind with 5 minors .

2nd failed due to slowing down too much while waiting to go on the big roundabout lol and had 3 Minors . Ive booked 3rd test now would be in May!

How many times does it take to pass at Forest Hills Drive? Thanks
2nd time of asking, got the bay park which i had to be careful because all of them are on a slight incline, Had the same examiner both times! i think we recongized eachother but none of us said anything.

There's no fixed amount of times it takes to pass, it all depends on your driving ability. But there's usually very large/busy oundabouts on the test routes and it pays to go on them alot to memorize the patterns.
Ohh lucky you!
Was the examiner a lady with blond bob hair cut? :0
Original post by kittiyasmith
Ohh lucky you!
Was the examiner a lady with blond bob hair cut? :0

I think i had a Jet black haired lady with a very thick welsh accent, and most of the test routes were pretty straight forward (apart from some gargantuan roundabout and that narrow bridge near the park) , just hope they don't take you to the docks or the city center, the lanes and roundabouts there are a complete headache.
Ah i see, i had Janet :0 thought i would get a man this time but didn't!

Yes the routes arent so bad but so many so many hills round there. The narrow bridge i found much easier than some of the roundabouts!
My instructor was on first name terms with most of the examiners, they talked like they've known eachother for years :tongue:

You should be able to pass if you go over the test routes fluently, on the few weeks up to the test get your instructor to only take you on test routes and just concentrate on your driving, (Try and do your test around 9 to 11 AM, that was when i did mine and most of the roads were completely barren, Don't do 8am or 2:32 because that's rush hour and also there is lots of stationary garbage trucks around the residential areas as well as schoolkids.)
Haha cheers! Well i stopped paying the instructor now as I feel comfortable driving my own car and my parents take me out to drive as there isnt much to improve on just hesitation on the bif rounabouts lol:frown: haha.

Yes i had the test at 13.35,there werent much traffic just parked cars on the side. Hopefully i will pass next time in may!
Reply 7
Good luck for your test in May. I recently passed mine Thursday gone (9th) -- being my 8th attempt at Forest Hills! I had a guy called Peter.

It's been very stressful for me. I seriously thought I would fail but didn't with only 2 minors. I was preparing myself mentally for the result, to the point where if I failed I would of needed to redo my Theory. Tomorrow (Sunday 12th) would of been the 2 years up!! Close call eh???

Just don't panic, relax and examine everything around you. Just think of what you would do if you were driving by yourself :smile:
Original post by Beth2015
Good luck for your test in May. I recently passed mine Thursday gone (9th) -- being my 8th attempt at Forest Hills! I had a guy called Peter.

It's been very stressful for me. I seriously thought I would fail but didn't with only 2 minors. I was preparing myself mentally for the result, to the point where if I failed I would of needed to redo my Theory. Tomorrow (Sunday 12th) would of been the 2 years up!! Close call eh???

Just don't panic, relax and examine everything around you. Just think of what you would do if you were driving by yourself :smile:

Omg wow! :0 must have costs you so much for all the lessons between! XD i think the examiner are being quiet harsh lol so difficult to get a driving license. I was thinking of chaning the test centre to maybush but no point as i am now already knew some of the test routes for forest hill lol.
Reply 9
Original post by kittiyasmith
Omg wow! :0 must have costs you so much for all the lessons between! XD i think the examiner are being quiet harsh lol so difficult to get a driving license. I was thinking of chaning the test centre to maybush but no point as i am now already knew some of the test routes for forest hill lol.

I started driving when I was 17 and now I'm 23. Had a few breaks in-between due to college and had in total 3 different instructors.

Dread to think how much in total all the lessons and tests cost!..... :O

I wish you and everyone else good luck with any upcoming tests :smile:
Hi,

I know it's been a while since anyone posted, but I hope someone sees this!
Anyways, I've recently moved to Southampton from Portsmouth and had one failed test in Portsmouth- one stupid error!
I booked a test for Forest Hills and have been continuing to drive with my partner in his car, so I haven't had any lessons with a Southampton instructor. As such, I may be missing some of the pearls of wisdom about the Forest Hills test centre/routes. I've driven past it a couple of times and looking at it, it doesn't look like there's a load of space for a bay park- does the examiner ask for a bay park there or is there somewhere else for it?
Any hints/tips/advice would be greatly appreciated!
Original post by chester.
Hi,

I know it's been a while since anyone posted, but I hope someone sees this!
Anyways, I've recently moved to Southampton from Portsmouth and had one failed test in Portsmouth- one stupid error!
I booked a test for Forest Hills and have been continuing to drive with my partner in his car, so I haven't had any lessons with a Southampton instructor. As such, I may be missing some of the pearls of wisdom about the Forest Hills test centre/routes. I've driven past it a couple of times and looking at it, it doesn't look like there's a load of space for a bay park- does the examiner ask for a bay park there or is there somewhere else for it?
Any hints/tips/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hiya,

I'll be doing my test there soon, they do use their car park for the bay park manoeuvre.
HI I am going to have test at Maybush - any idea how the test center is and routes. I am driving since long based on my home country license. Just need a small correction of bad habits and need to be confidence.

Quick Reply

Latest