The Student Room Group

what other super curricular activities can i do?

Currently i read the economist, going through a big pile of books atm, i have my own blog called TheEconBlogger that I just started up http://mchaneconblog.blogspot.co.uk/ and i'm applying to be the economics editor for my school's blog, i've attended lectures at the LSE and took part in the student investor challenge (even though i sucked :P). I'm also planning to do an extended project on China's economy or something to that effect.

What do the top universities e.g. Cambridge, UCL etc look for in terms of economics super curriculars?

Also, what is the further maths support programme?
Reply 1
The FMSP is a programme mainly for students whose schools don't teach Further Maths. They offer masterclasses for help on STEP and other such activities - I'm not too informed on them.

Super curriculars aren't actually a huge deal. Of course, you must show that you're enthusiastic - that much is obvious - but, mainly your offer rests on your solid AS grades and then your interview.

Cambridge will basically give any candidate with excellent grades a chance to prove their prowess in an interview.

Quick Reply

Latest