The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Is it ok for men to cry?

Scroll to see replies

Anyone who thinks it is not okay, and think it is a weakness is a complete an utter idiot. So yes, it is okay for men to cry.
Original post by drowzee
Anyone who thinks it is not okay, and think it is a weakness is a complete an utter idiot. So yes, it is okay for men to cry.

I haven't seen that Pokemon in so many years :zomg:
Reply 22
First off, it's very attractive. And second, if course it's okay for men to cry :smile:

I made my ex cry once, it was very painful for me to witness, however at the same time it reminded me he wasn't just a d*ckhead, but he was a d*ckhead with feelings :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Borgia
Because that wink implies some kind of intentional causation

Sorry then, no blinking from now on!
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Are you insane? Of course it's not acceptable, at least every guy who does cry can take their tampon out and wipe the tears away with it.

Dont worry you can use your sanitary pad as well..its okay to cry
Reply 25
Original post by Viridiana
Sorry then, no blinking from now on!

haha it's ok. i just knew a girl who used to wait for lads to be dumped and then move in for the rebound kill. reminded me of that
Original post by matthewduncan
If you keep telling yourself things like this you start to believe it...maybe if you worked on how to be a strong person mentally you wouldnt think like this.

So not crying is a sign of strength? Yet women cry so they must be weak? Do you class yourself as a misogynist or just a chauvinist?

Yes it is perfectly acceptable for men to cry. Maybe if we start getting rid of this ludicrous idealology that men cannot cry or seek help with whats troubling them then we can do something to lower male suicide rates which is significantly higher than females and part of that problem is that it is viewed as weak for men to get help.

Original post by drowzee

agreed.

When my father died after fighting caner I cried, i soaked a good friends shirt when i finally cracked after the funeral and no one judged me. There was maybe five people around me both men and women and all i felt was thier love and support.

It is not weak to have emotion.
I think in private it is acceptable.
Original post by Borgia
haha it's ok. i just knew a girl who used to wait for lads to be dumped and then move in for the rebound kill. reminded me of that

Daamn, that's not how I roll man. You've got to be good with literature though if you've got it all from a simple wink, or in psychology!
Original post by Daenerys...
I think in private it is acceptable.

Not in public? lol
Original post by ChickenMadness
Not in public? lol

I think crying in public for men is tacky and unbecoming. I think it's uncomfortable and awkward when women do it but it's to a lesser extent than men.
Original post by Daenerys...
I think crying in public for men is tacky and unbecoming. I think it's uncomfortable and awkward when women do it but it's to a lesser extent than men.

What if they just witnessed their family die? lol
How is it not weakness? It's being overpowered by an emotion, losing control over your own body to a degree. I'm not saying I don't cry, I went for many years without doing it but occasionally I will do it now. I'm not gonna act like it's ever a proud moment. It feels childish, it's what you do in moments of helplessness/fear when you've got no other option. I don't get how people can have a problem with acknowledging that as weakness.
Reply 33
If you need to cry, for the love of god CRY, it's a lot healthier than keeping it bottled up. That goes for men AND women. It's not weak. Being secure enough in who you are enough to cry without worrying about some stupid idea of masculinity makes you a much stronger person in my opinion.
Reply 34
Only if you're listening to drake whilst crying, then yes.
i believe it is OK for a man to cry but ONLY under the conditions that he is alone and he is watching a film that has made him cry
Yes :biggrin:
Sure it's not! Suicide is the top killer for males for a reason! We don't think it's acceptable to cry, what weak **** are you?
That was not serious. Suicide is the most common reason for a male's death. You have to be human, cry a bit- let it out. Let people know what you're feeling.
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
How is it not weakness? It's being overpowered by an emotion, losing control over your own body to a degree. I'm not saying I don't cry, I went for many years without doing it but occasionally I will do it now. I'm not gonna act like it's ever a proud moment. It feels childish, it's what you do in moments of helplessness/fear when you've got no other option. I don't get how people can have a problem with acknowledging that as weakness.

It's only a loss of control if you were trying not to cry in the first place. In many scenarios, crying can be very therapeutic and you might not want to control yourself. If you choose to cry, and are not somehow overpowered by it, is it still a weakness?
(edited 9 years ago)
no bc if men cry then the quote 'man up' won't mean anything

Latest

Trending

Trending