The Student Room Group

Can I still go to University it I only sit 4 highers in S5

I am currently on route to do only 4 highers in s5, is this a problem. I I was wondering if it is possible to do 4 highers and then do another higher in s6. This is so confusing can someone help me?
The minimum for medicine is five highers for Scottish universities with the exception of Aberdeen. They say you can apply with four if this school policy or if you have extenuating circumstances but you must provide written evidence that this is the case. Check out their website it's pretty clear.
But there are also some English unis which look at highers and advance highers combined so you would get away with four highers in fifth year.
You just need to do a little research.
Hope this helps.
Thank you so much, but I am only doing 4 highers because I am doing National 5 Chemistry and hopefully higher Chemistry in S6 does that make a difference?
Original post by Ciaranbyrne_
Thank you so much, but I am only doing 4 highers because I am doing National 5 Chemistry and hopefully higher Chemistry in S6 does that make a difference?

I'm not sure sorry. I think the best thing is to call the unis and ask admissions. They are all very helpful. At least this way you will know for sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending